It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User
Angina and Burping???

Does anyone experience burping during or after bouts of angina? I have read that some people have only the symptom of burping] when having heart attack. Just checking to see if anyone is experiencing this? I myself always can tell when I am having PAC's or PVC's because I can feel in in my throat, and it cuases me to burp. Now I am experiencing angina like pain with constant burping during the 5 minute spells. Please advise....Thanks

Old 03-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Re: Angina and Burping???

Jaguar, where did you read about this? I have alot of burping, but my Doc keeps telling me that mine is related to acid reflux or maybe even my gall bladder. I am concerned about my heart, but all of my tests came back normal. Just wondering if anyone else has read about this or heard anything?
I hope you are doing well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Maybe a little of both. Of course, burping and heartburn is associated with GERD but burping can also be tied to nervousness...as in the nervousness of a bout with angina.
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss chest pain and burping as necessarily gastric reflux. To me they feel TOO MUCH similar.

The best differentiator betweeen GERD and angina is to take a fast run for 10 minutes. GERD won't hurt and angina probably will.

Last edited by Lenin; 03-20-2007 at 05:22 AM.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
(female)

jaguar63122 HB User

Lenin...I don't have typical angina. I go up and down steps 50 times a day with no issues. I can run or exercise with no issues. I am afraid that I am having coronary spasms. Dr. thinks esophugus spams. This has gone on for several years so my Doc sent me last week to the Gastro Dr. He said with the medicines that I am taking he didn't think I should be having any reflux and thinks its my gallbladder. So yesterday I had a Hida scan..and we will see what the results are. If nothing is wrong with my gallbladder he is sending me back to a cardiologist for more indepth testing. All I want to know is where the chest pains are coming from and get them fixed! Its hard to get a Dr. to believe that it can be my heart since I belch constant while having the pain. Pain is short (less than 15 minutes) and extremely painful. Radiates from chest into neck and arms. 95% of the time it will be before 8 am in the morning,a nd I can not get to a hospital in time for them to try to get it on an EKG. I truly am hoping that it is my gallbladder! Keep fingers crossed. Thanks for replies!

Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

~K~ HB User

Hi, Hopefully it will be gerd, because as Lenin said, the pain can be similar, but I noticed you said that it is worse in the morning. Gerd is worse for some people after lying down at night. Silent reflux can cause terrible pain, which goes down one/both arms and can mimic a heart attack (just look on the reflux forum) I don't have reflux, just severe chest pain. My doctor thinks it is digestion, because in my case the pain is constant and I feel as though I'm swallowing a tennis ball all the time. I think mine is stress because of my hubby having angina and a stent fitted recently

Closed Thread