It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User
Question EECP (or ECP) for Angina - Anyone had experience?

Hi,
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried this technique for stable angina, or from anyone who knows a friend or relative who has tried it.

EECP is a pressure-sequencing technique where pressure is applied to cuffs fitted around the calves, thighs and buttocks. The aim is to assist the blood flow to and from the heart by timing the pressure waves based on ECG monitoring. After a 7-week (35hr.) course of treatment, results often show reduced angina and better blood flow.

The recently-released PEECH investigation (in 187 patients) showed less than convincing results, and were queried about a possible placebo effect. Other research has shown more positive benefits.

The technique has yet to gain great acceptance, but techniques that counter angina are few and far between. It is almost 20 years since any effective new medications have been released, so recently some focus has switched back to EECP.
Beefsteak

The Following User Says Thank You to Beefsteak For This Useful Post:
donny lad (03-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread