It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

chloe714 HB User
Atypical angina

I have had two EKG's done. The first showed inverted P waves which I was told it could mean nothing or a prior heart attack. The second EKG showed atypical angina. It states on the report that there is a presence of mild tricuspid regurgitation and borderline mild pulmonary hypertension with a reversal of normal E/A ratio of mitral valve diastolic inflow suggestive of diastolic dysfunction. I also had a CT scan that said my aorta is calcified. The Doctors say not to worry. Anybody, please tell me what this all means as the doctors seem to busy to take time to talk.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User
Re: Atypical angina

Re: inverted p wave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from a prior post on 6/7/06:

"I've been told I have an inverted p wave, which indicates an extra natural pacemaker in my heart. Does anyone know what kind of symptoms this can cause?"

My answer to that question may give you some insight regarding inverted P waves:

Answer:It is true an inverted "P" wave is another location or locations competing for control of the rhythm resulting in P waves of differing shapes and /or differing intervals. This would be true for all leads. There is a range of disorders associated with P waves of DIFFERENT shapes (inverted orientation) and/or representation at DIFFERENT intervals. For instance if 3 or more different wave shapes are seen, that often is seen with a chronic lung disorder and right atrial enlargement (source of electric impulses, and right side of the heart is closely associated with the pumonary function).

Inverted P waves occuring at different times tends to be the irregular and/or fast heartbeat variety.EKG tracings should not be the sole determinent for a diagnosis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by kenkeith : 06-07-2006 at 03:31 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It appears your issue is a probability of pulmonary embolism. Atypical angina is chest pain that may not be associated with lack of blood flow to the heart, but other causes of chest pain must be ruled out.

Tricuspid regurgitation is back flow of blood into the upper heart chamber rather than pumped to the lungs ...may be insignificant.

Reversal E/A ratio it is the correlationship of left ventricle filling characteristics with RV and pulmonary artery pressure in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary pressure. It could indicate blocked arteries due to pulmonary embolism. Embolism can occur without symptoms, but do you have chest pains?

Calcified aorta is a buildup of plaque. Almost everyone as they age will show this condition.

All of the above is worst case scenario, but will need chest x-rays and TEE (echocardiogram esophogus) and/or thorasic echo to look for any enlargement of heart chambers and degree of valve non-compliance.

Last edited by started04; 10-09-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread