It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
(male)

cincyman78 HB User
angina question

Over the last couple of years I experience different types of small pains in and around my chest. Sometimes they are on the left side, sometimes the right side. They happen when I am just sitting doing nothing, and do not happen when exercising and I do not get shortness of breath. My question is what does angina feel like? Is it always the same type of pain? is what I am experiencing sound like angina or something different?

Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
(male)

cincyman78 HB User
Re: angina question

As I sit here this morning I have had a few pains. I can pinpoint them with a finger or two. No sob

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
(male)

Ninja1 HB User

We can not diagnose you but I do have some advice as someone who is going through anxiety (my father died of a heart attack and I instantly assumed I had a heart problem too).

Chest pain--literal pain (stabbing, squeezing, twitching etc,)--can be a symptom of anxiety. Angina USUALLY develops in older individuals and can only be diagnosed by a doctor. Get it checked out to feel some peace of mind.

Now the advice: STOP CHECKING FOR SYMPTOMS ONLINE!!! You will drive yourself nuts. If it is really uncomfortable--go to the hospital and get it checked out. When you are anxious about having something (and thus, subconsciously look to see if you have symptoms) you can cause said symptoms. I did this.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
(male)

Ninja1 HB User

BTW, if you are exercising and you have what you describe (unstable angina) you would either have had: severe pain from a workout or a heart attack. Angina comes from exertion (stable angina)--if you had unstable angina you could not exercise without severe problems. Still, get it checked out and voice your concerns to the doctor.

Closed Thread