It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

koalvx HB User
Question angina pectoris?

Hello,
My husband suffers for many months now from something that his GP can not (or does not really try to) identify.

Different symptoms come and go...
I fell on an article about angina pectoris and I found that a lot of the symptoms are similar to my husband's. But not exactly in the "stable angor" form, for it can last several hours, come back very regularly and disappear for a few days sometimes, and it is not necesseraly after a physical effort.

Here are what my husband complains about (many symptoms together but not the same ones every time):
-oppressing, tightening pains in the chest (middle), spreading to the right shoulder
-pains in the neck or in the back
-gastric heavyness (located at the top of the abdomen)
-belching
-hard to breathe
-weakness, fatigue

Could this be what I thought? angina pectoris?
We feel a bit lost, because his GP is not able to give him an answer and does not seem very willing to send him to a cardiologist consultant for tests (he checked the liver, gave him medication for heartburns, suggested to see an osteopath for his backaches etc... )
And when I see that it could lead to a heart attack, it makes me really anxious...

Some advice could put us on the right track..
Thank you in advance

koalvx

Last edited by koalvx; 02-20-2008 at 11:18 AM.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Lutheran122 HB User
Re: angina pectoris?

Go see another doctor , any time you have chest pain and tightness its not something to just brush off. Tell him flat out that you want to see a cardiologist and have some testing done to make sure its not his heart. If he won't send you and your insurance forces you to get a referral go to another doctor or the local ER / walk in clinic and they will give a referral.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Connie122516 HB User
Re: angina pectoris?

I agree with the other response; you need a new doctor. And while you're working to get that accomplished, consider calling an ambulance or taking him to the ER the next time it happens. Chest pain, especially of the type you describe, should never be ignored.

At a minimum, your husband needs an EKG and nuclear stress test to rule out heart disease.

It very well may be GERD (gastroesophageal reflux), but he first needs to rule out heart disease, and will need an upper GI to diagnose the GERD.

I have both heart disease and GERD, and it is not easy to tell the difference in the symptoms. (Don't settle for just an EKG; I had a 99% blockage in a coronary artery with a completely normal EKG).

Closed Thread