It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
(male)

JCM2008 HB User
Angina??? or what?

For the last 3 weeks i been getting a weird chest pain. I have felt it just about everywhere on my chest but mostly on my left side. I would describe the pain as a dull and it usually lasts a second or two. The pain comes in periods, i have felt on and off for about an hour the longest. Before all this started i noticed a few things started to happen. For example i started to notice about two years ago that my arms and legs go numb very easy. I didnt thought much of it so i let it go. My legs and hands still go numb easily. In fact i have woken up a few times with my arms completely numb. Also, about 6 months ago i started to get pains on my thigs, behind the knee on either leg, and just a few weeks ago the same pain i have felt it on my arms, mostly on my left arm. When the pains are on my leg i cant exactly pin point where the pain is coming but when it comes to the arms im pretty sure that the pain radiates from my arm vein. These pains arent that painful, they are sharp and they last a second at the most. So what is wrong with me? i have done research and the chest stuff sounds like angina but the other pains sounds like blood clots? i mean is it possible to have multiple blood clots? or is it the same blood clot just moving around? im aware that i probably suffer from poor blood circulation. The last time i went to a doctor was about 5months ago. I went because i started to have constipation problems and i got diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. I been fighting that since, the consitpation comes and goes, is there a connection there? i lost my job about months ago, so going to a doctor is not possible for now. If you know anything about my symptoms please post, anything will be helpful.

im 26, i dont smoke or drink, im slightly overweight but not fat, i excersice regularly, i dont see why im having heart issues.

one last thing, since i started getting the pains that got me really scared so i started to work out. The other day when i was working out i could actually hear my heart beat. Is that normal? i mean it never happened before in my life. I also started an aspirin regimen. I know i should ask a doctor first but i dont want a heart attack so ill take my chances with the daily aspirin. questions comments anything helps!

silius~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User
Re: Angina??? or what?

Hi Silius,
To be frank, I doubt you have any heart disease. It would be extremely rare in someone your age, and you sound like you look after yourself! The only thing that might be important is if your Mum or Dad had serious heart disease and passed it on. That's number 1 - better check that out.
The numbing of the hands and legs is not a true symptom of heart disease. People with some numbing can be very healthy - it can be due to a variety of causes, but LOW blood pressure - a sign of a good heart - can be a cause. On the other hand HIGH blood pressure is a common sign of heart disease, and, from what you say, I doubt you have that. I would be looking elsewhere, perhaps in the nervous system for a cause that better matches the extensive numbing you talk about. Angina is usually a dullish pain, but is often associated with chest pressure, and is usually exercise-related. Angina is normally found in someone much older, and takes years to develop.
Blood clots don't occur on the way you describe, and if they did you would not be around to talk about it.
The constipation must be unusual in someone so young, and that needs a proper follow up. Don't accept that as a condition you have to live with. It may not be IBS. There are all sorts of options with diet, and medication, if necessary, to tackle that. Some others here may be able to give you more specific advice on the IBS condition.
To sum up, you need to see a doctor and be properly diagnosed, self-diagnosis is NOT a reliable option. I don't know much about the US health service, but can't you go as a public patient - you can here in Australia. It's just that you then have to wait in a queue. You're young, and I assume smart - can you get yourself into ER - I think once you are in they would have to properly diagnose you? Some others might have better ideas. But keep pushing and questioning - that's good progress - well done.
Cheers,
Beefsteak.

Last edited by Beefsteak; 03-02-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
(male)

JCM2008 HB User
Re: Angina??? or what?

Thank you beefsteek dude. Its so awesome that someone from australia commented . I guess you are right about everything. I'm known to be a negative individual so i usually look at the worse case scenerios. I have been looking for a job a lot lately and as soon as i get something i will get myself check. I have been checking my blood pressure daily and it is normal, not high nor low. It is usually 115/85 which is good i think. I have noticed though that my heart rate is kinda low, its always on the low 60s. But i guess that too falls under "normal". As for the pains i still get them sometimes but rarely when i work out. The numbness is there but i guess like you said, it might be related to my nervous system. But anyway thanks for posting and i will keep you and everyone else informed. comments and questions are welcomed

Silius

Last edited by JCM2008; 03-03-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Closed Thread