It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
(male)

dmer HB User
GERD or Angina?

Greetings to all. Some time since I've posted but like a thankless child, I show up when there is a need!

My initial diagnosis of HBP was in Octiober of 2007. My drug regimen started off a 10/40 Lotrel combo. With weight loss and exercise, I brought that down to a daily 5/20 generic combo. About 4 months ago, my weight increased a little but my exercise remained pretty constant. I did lose some focus on my diet, as far as sodium content was concerned. Along the way I stopped and started Prevastatin and recently stopped again, because of side effects.

There has been very significant stress in my life for about the past 8 months and this is beginning to inhibit my exercise routine because now, when I start off on a steep hill, I will get a sense of fatigue and pain that spreads all the way down my right arm. It will subside pretty quickly when I stop, leading me to think it is angina.

OTOH, I also have severe belching during this exercise and a sense of burning in my esophagus. This morning when I came back from my exercise, my BP reading was 137 / 84 with a HR of 81. The last leg is a steep hill up to my house. When I was heavier than now and on a 10 / 40 Lotrel dose, I felt fine coming up that hill and my BP readings would be anywhere from 90-95 / 60-65. At the time of that reading, it would have been 24 hours since my last dose of medication.

At any rate, I played MD to myself this morning and upped my CCB dose to 7.5mg and acquired some Prilosec.

Any thoughts / comments would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

famnd HB User
Re: GERD or Angina?

Do you exercise on an empty stomach? I get the arm pain if I eat or drink anything but water. Both you can get angina & heartburn at the same time. The fatigue maybe from returning to exercise after a lapse or not enough sleep or food from dieting. Fam

Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
(male)

dmer HB User

Most of my exercise is first thing in the morning so it's on an empty stomach.

I started taking some Prilosec yesterday and even before I got out of bed this morning, pardon the expression, I was belching. I start off up a steep hill and the discomfort grows until I stop. I'm not swallowing large amounts of air, but my insides start to feel like the Hindenburg and that's only relieved by loud....

Anxiety and stress may be factoring into this for me as well.

Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-20-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Please use the Quick Reply button instead of Quote Reply.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB UserACE28 HB User

dmer - If you are really concerned and the pain continues. See your doctor about a stress test. This will help to ease your mind.

Closed Thread