It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

Septerra HB User
Could I possibly have Angina at 19?

Yesterday at work I began having a horrible pain in my lower chest. It was right under my breast area and it felt like a horrible gripping cramp all around that region. If I stood up straight and didn't move it was slightly less painful. as soon as I made any movement it began hurting again. Breathing became difficult and I also got a dull aching pain from my neck to my right shoulder.

I excused myself from work and went home. By that time the pain in the chest was not so bad but I continued having an aching shoulder through the rest of the night. Today when I woke up my chest area feels somewhat sore. I've had this once before and that was about 3 months ago(The first time I ate spicy Mexican food the day before and thought perhaps it was heartburn or something).

One more symptom I experience that doesn't seem to be associated with Angina is a build up of saliva. When I spit it out it's long and stringy.

I am overweight, but I've never had any heart problems. I don't have high blood pressure either. Is it possible for a nineteen year old to have Angina or is this possibly a stomach problem?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Could I possibly have Angina at 19?

Was it more on the right side or in the middle? If right side, soounds like gallbladder issues. If middle, probably heartburn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Septerra, Angina is possible at any age.

If this happens again, please don't hold off seeing your doctor.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
(female)

Septerra HB User

The chest pain was in the middle but my neck and right shoulder were also sore. Well I have a doctor check up in December. I'll let him know then I suppose.

Closed Thread