It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
(male)

metaphysica HB User
Do I have Angina??? Please help.

I'm 41 years old and have been on meds for hypertension since I was 27. I'm currently on 20 mg of lisinopril, 10 mg of norvasc and just started 25 mgs of atenolol three weeks ago because my blood pressure was too high and because I had been dealing with some pretty severe anxiety attacks.

The other night while walking outside I felt an uncomfortable pain which seemed to start in my shoulders but then seemed to go around my ribcage. It felt like pressure/squeezing/crampiness on both sides of my ribcage and I thought it was angina. So, when I got home, I did 60 pushups to see if the pain would worsen (and thereby demonstrate that this was in fact angina). I also ran in place vigorously for about ten minutes. But there was no pain or discomfort.

The next day, I did my usual workout--cautiously. I did 100 pushups and ran non-stop for 40 minutes. Fortunately, I felt no discomfort during the workout.

Then yesterday, after eating a large meal, I went outside (it was cold) and after walking about three blocks, I again felt that squeezing feeling around my ribcage. It went away after I got to where I was going but I was again very troubled by it.

So, I'm wondering...is angina this off and on? Or could this be unstable angina??? And if this is angina, shouldn't I get it when I'm running vigorously rather than just while I'm walking down the street.

Either way, I'm going to address it to my doctor. But I was hoping to get some insight in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Do I have Angina??? Please help.

Go and get it checked out by a doctor.
When I had angina I could move heavy furniture around and walk up flights of stairs without any problems mine was triggered by emotional stress mostly

A triple bypass cured my angina.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Connie122516 HB User

Yes, what you are describing definitely sounds like it could be angina.

Do not delay in getting to a doctor.

Hopefully, it isn't, but this is a case where you must err (if there is to be an error) on the side of caution.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
(female)

paradiseblue HB User

This sounds like it could be your gallbladder too.

Closed Thread