It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2003, 11:30 PM   #1
Inactive

MariaS HB User
Question Anxiety or Angina?

I have a problem that really bothers me on a regular basis, and it seems that no matter how many times I try to get my point across to my doctor, he never understands what I'm talking about, and he certainly doesn't worry about it.

Often, I have a strange feeling in the left side of my chest. It's not just in my chest though. It feels as though there is something under my left armpit. Yeah, it's definately somehow under my armpit and down a bit, as though it's not really on the front of my chest, by the left side of it.

Anyway, it's more noticeable when I'm emotinally charged about something. I don't know whether this is because I expect it to be there. Also, it becomes more noticeable if I'm hot or really tired.

Does this sound like it could be heart related? I've had the EKG's and the blood tests, and everything shows up fine.

Is it possible for it to be anxiety? ANYONE? Please let me know what you think; it's driving me nuts.

PS. Soar, how are you? How's it going on the meds?

Old 09-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
if your doc refuses to take the problem seriously, I suggest you see another doc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
Inactive

MariaS HB User
come on people, no one has ever felt anything like this? i'm starting to feel a bit like a freak show now.

Old 09-28-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
If you've had all the tests for your heart and everything is fine, I'd say it's probably just your panic disorder.
My heart used to skip beats all the time, but once I realized the more I thought about it the worse it got, I just believed what my Doctor and the tests showed...that there was nothing wrong with my heart and it was all coming from my panic disorder.

I do agree with hry33 though, if your Doctor doesn't take you seriously, it may be time to find another one.

Reply Reply