It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

MissMuse HB User
Possible Pericarditis or Angina?

I'm a 30 year old female. Over a period of about the past five years, I have had several episodes where I have had chest pains and heaviness in my chest. The first time, I went into the ER where they intially thought I had pericarditis, so they put me on Ibprofen 600mg. I came in a few more times with these symptoms and others. They ran an EKG--nothing--and then did a chest x-ray. No indication of any inflammation at that point, so this ruled out pericarditis, so nothing was really done except recommending that I take an OTC anti-inflammatory for the pain.

For the past month or two now, I have been having pain in my chest/breastbone, pain in my shoulder and neck area, as well as numbness and tingling in my left arm. It's really scaring me. I don't want to learn that I have heart disease. I also don't want to die of a heart attack. I'm curious whether it has anything to do with my medications, as I'm currently taking 50mg of Sertraline and 20mg of Omeprazole (generic Prilosec). I have been on one anti-depressant or another since 1997. I do have an appt. with my pdoc this week, so I may ask her about this to see if she knows anything.

Can anyone suggest possibilities as far as what might be happening? I have regular yearly exams where I have the traditional blood tests and urinalysis done. Everything has come back normal in the past. I just don't know anymore. It seems that these pains coincide with lack of sleep (which is a big problem for me these days). Of course, they're also there to some degree when I think I have gotten enough sleep.

Thanks in advance for any advice, insights or suggestions you might have

~Colleen

Medications: 50mg of Sertraline and 20mg generic Prilosec

Classes: Interested in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread