It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2002, 11:33 AM   #1

jug HB User
another link! acne, anemia, possibly angina

much like my last link-related revelation, i haven't slept in a long time, so bear with me here...

i started lookin up other diseases and came across anemia (fatigue, lack of concentration, succeptibility to infections). i have these symptoms, so i checked what could help: b12, iron, and folic acid. anemia appears to be a lack of red blood cells getting oxygen to major organ/tissues (including skin!). sooo, since i have these symptoms, my skin must not be gettin enough oxygen, in turn, causing acne. lately i've been eating healthy, so it has cleared up, but still not awesome. PLUS, i actually was gonna start taking a b-complex...now i have all the more reason to. cure acne AND lethargy! wooooo

if anyone would care to elaborate or ask anything more, please do!

jug

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2002, 11:44 AM   #2

RAG HB User
Re: another link! acne, anemia, possibly angina

Hey, just an FYI, I have had problems with anemia for the past year or so. In fact, my doctor just had me go in for some special blood tests to try to root out the cause (diet or something else). I never thought that it could be tied in with my skin. Thanks for the info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2002, 12:55 PM   #3

Bobbi HB User
Re: another link! acne, anemia, possibly angina

I guess it makes sense that if you're not generally healthy, your skin might be affected. But my sister has chronic anemia - she has to take iron tabs everyday - and she has the clearest skin ever.... Oxygen on the other hand is supposed to bad for bacteria in the skin - that why peroxide (benoxyl peroxide and even hydrogren peroxide) work - they help with skin oxidation. (The blue and red light machine used in the UK is also supposed to supply oxygen to the skin) - so who knows???? I hope you have found YOUR solution.

Reply Reply