It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

BLud28 HB User
Do I have angina? I'm only 21!

At the age of 17, I found out that I had PVC's (palpatations) in my heart. As scary as that was, my cardiologists reassured me that it was very common at my age, especially in teenage athletes. I am 21 one now, and I have been off a beta blocker for a few years now. However, a few days ago one night I felt as if I was having a heart attack. I also have anxiety, and it is hard for me to detemine if im having a anxiety attack or what. I was doing research, and came across angina. Lately, I have been having chest pains on and off, and a constant burning pain in my upper jaw (and also sometimes my neck) It's a little scary to me because I went to the cardiologist I few days ago and had an EKG done to look at my PVC's, but didn't mention anything out of the ordinary. Does this sound like I could have angina?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
(male)

quinstylie HB User
Re: Do I have angina? I'm only 21!

Hi, please don't worry! I have the same - anxeity can cause so many symptoms that mimick more serious diseases. Chest pain is very common, along with skipped heart beats etc.. this is all normal. If the doctors say your ok, then there's nothing to worry about. If you still have anxiety and skipped beats, then beta blockers (ie propanolol) will help. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

Barleysugar HB User
Smile Re: Do I have angina? I'm only 21!

Hi
If you are concerned at all mention it to your Doctor. I have angina which radiates up into my jaw but I would'nt describe it as a burning pain. The only way I can get rid of mine is by using my GTN spray under my tongue at this stage I'm usually cold yet have sweat beads on my face(clamy). Angina pain is like a heavy crushing pain on the chest which can go through to the back radiate up to the jaw and down the left arm even the right. It doesn't usually go away on it's own if yours does it's more likely to be a panic or anxiety attack but to be safe mention it to your Doctor,

Last edited by Barleysugar; 05-16-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Old 05-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Do I have angina? I'm only 21!

When I had Angina I had a burning pain in the throat just below the adams apple, nowhere else and I wouldn't really describe it as pain, more like a sensation.

I ended up having a triple bypass - the Angina is now gone.

Cardiac pain can be anywhere from the jaw to the belly button - front or back and it does not always present itself as the proverbial 'elephant sitting on your chest' or 'crushing' type of pain, as I found out.

Closed Thread