It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
myocradial perfusion scan stress and rest test

Hi anyone in the uk had this test done and how long did you wait for results? Someone told me it takes 6 weeks after they send the pics of to put in order before the cardiologist gets results! Is this true? Im assuming mine must be ok had it done christmas/new year week rang 3 weeks later and was told it was too early for results? ANyone know please? Thank you. PS SORRY ABOUT TYPO IN TITLE

Last edited by niecsey; 02-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Re: myocardial perfusion scan stress and rest test

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey View Post
Hi anyone in the uk had this test done and how long did you wait for results? Someone told me it takes 6 weeks after they send the pics of to put in order before the cardiologist gets results! Is this true? Im assuming mine must be ok had it done christmas/new year week rang 3 weeks later and was told it was too early for results? ANyone know please? Thank you. PS SORRY ABOUT TYPO IN TITLE
Sorry i am in Canada not UK but here it is 1 to 2 weeks so a but surprised at your situation. One would assume anything urgent would be prioritized because the tech who ran the test has to review the images for quality, and if they aren't good enough he would have you back in to retest and he should know very good from very bad. Also wasn't your treadmill performance observed by an MD? If you completed that without serious events you should be feeling positive. Sorry you are still waiting. I would be inclined to follow up just to make sure they are proceeding through the system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: myocradial perfusion scan stress and rest test

Thanks Perry lm told off others it the norm here l thought with it been xmas there would be an even bigger delay. I got the stress test first then was called to go have a rest test. I rang 3 weeks later not knowning about the 6 week film return and was told it was too early to be asking for results! I will ring next week thanks for your help x Im laughing at my spellingmistakes lol l was tired when l started the thread last night lol x

Old 03-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Re: myocradial perfusion scan stress and rest test

Any results yet? I have seen my MD already and been told I have a reversible blockage issue apprent in both stress and rest. Waiting now for the cardiologist to review the next treatment step. Have been outfitted with nitro spray but I don't seem to need it. I guess it will be angioplasty for me as I am not aware of any other treatment options. I would rather they did something else but worst case is the blockage is inaccessible to angio and i just have to live with it. Better luck with yours!

Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: myocardial perfusion scan stress and rest test

Hi Perry just got results 2 days ago mine came back fine which is a relief so lm starting to think its referred pain lm having from my fibro or athritis get a lot fo spine area pain, Sorry they found a problem with yours l hope they can sort you out with no fuss>? Are the scans very accurate? good luck x

Closed Thread