It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Is anyone treating long term angina with anything other than angioplasty?

And how is it going? What are you doing and how long have you been doing it for. I have it and am just waiting to get in to the cardiologist to find out whats next. As I understand it, some times there is blockage in very small arteries, angio/stenting is not possible so you just live with it. If the blockage is greater they stent, and in a few cases they use diet and exercise which is designed to stop the progression rather than actually treat the problem.

Thanks for any responses.

Last edited by Perry2; 03-12-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
(male)

donny lad HB User
Re: Is anyone treating long term angina with anything other than angioplasty?

hi Ive had and still got angina having had six stents placed near my heart. I went in for a seventh stent then before io the cardio bloke fitted the stent he sent for a cardio surg who advised a quad bypass so dont bank on stents thay use very narrow stents and thay are not coated. I still have angina I give up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

I have a totally blocked LAD that has a collateral vessel bypass, and an ICX that is about 70% blocked. For the past 7 years, I take a nitrate prior to going to the health center for an exercise routine 3X a week. The nitrate (isosorbide) is a longer lasting med, and I take a nitro (short term effect but faster) if the occasion arises....almost never happens.

My ICX occlusion could be stented, but my non-interventional cardiologist believes medication if the symptoms are controlled, stents greater than 70% stent if meds are not effective, and if the location, size, etc. of the occlusion can not support a stent implant, then bypass.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
(male)

donny lad HB User

Hi Ive had six stents fitted but I was still getting very bad angina. I went for a seventh seten and thay decided to do a bypass. The result is a quad bypass and I still get angina?
Regards donny lad Keep trying

Old 04-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
(male)

Perry2 HB User

Just got stented. They found over 95% blockage. My 4 months of supplement bombardment and clean eating were apparently not enough
I am on Plavix for a year and Cresteril for life. Now taking Resveratrol and CQ 10 as supplements. Will ditch the super garlic and pom wonderful as I guess I don't need more thinners. I may also drop the Magnesium/Zinc/Carnitine/C stack. It just seems like more things to irritate my stomach and these were poentially for plaque reduction which seems too late.

Closed Thread