It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
(female)

anniezlyrahbean HB User
Exclamation Help someone! Need some insight...so scared

Hello this is my first time on here and i HOPE to get some advice or feedback asap!
Lets start with do i have angina?
For the past 3 months ive been having this discomfort. At first it happened out of nowhere my chest hurt and the pain went into my left shoulder, neck, forearm, wrist and fingers. I got freaked so i think that brought on the anxiety feelings coz i felt like throwing up and passing out!! At this time i went into the ER and was told it was only anxiety. OK great ill avoid stress as much as i can...the second time it happened BAMMM again chest pain, arm pain, BUT it brought on back pain and i got sweaty along with shortness of breath. Off to the ER i go again, my results...nothing the doctor just sent me home and told me to take it easy and try deep breathing exercises...this went on a few more times AND keep in mind when i felt these chest pains they came on while i was sitting doing nothing!!!
THis last "attack" i had was just last night and i was at my wits end...literally frustrated and ready to just pack it in and give up but thankfully i have support in this (thanx hubby) it went the same chest pain then the arm, back, and this time my legs got weak and my feet and palms got sweaty...so another trip to the ER i go and i get the same thing my test results are fine and maybe i should lose weight...ummmm!! sorry but is that all? i dont get it...
anyways ive been on the net searching for answers and my symptoms seem to point to angina...and as i read its a serious condition! Im so scared that if this is what i really have im screwed...i have a 2 yr old and btw im only 25...anyone have similar story or maybe a way to get a doctor to listen to me and that im not just "stressed" out and whats going on might be serious...

Opps forgot to add that during these episodes i also get the "feeling of doom" and sometimes the pain turns into a burning feeling like heartburn almost...

at the hospital i was put on those heart monitor sticky thingys, blood tests were done as well as chest x-ray and they came back normal...but i have iron deficiency that im treating and i read that anemia can cause angina

so if anyone out there has answers or similar experience id like to hear from u...thanks everyone (hope i dont sound crazy or stupid)

Last edited by Administrator; 09-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
(female)

VeteranCare HB User
Re: Help someone! Need some insight...so scared

Hi, If they have done blood work and other studies, then it is probably not your heart. It could be what is called Panic Attack. I have a friend who gets them. It is associated with anxiety, and you get same symptoms like it was a heart attack. Have you followed up with your family doctor for any medical cardiac tests such as a stress test in order to rule out heart problems? If you doctor has not mentioned Panic Attack you might want to bring that up. There is medicine to help with that as well.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
(male)

Jome HB UserJome HB UserJome HB User

Hi

Sorry to hear of your discomfort and I understand your panic. Dont!

Do you really what to solve the problem yourself, safely and naturally or do you just want an easy life and a pill?

95% blocked arteries can be unblocked without medication and so NO side effects so dont worry. But also don't search the web for your symptoms you will become a jibbering wreck.

If you want to sort it all out FOR LIFE without medication, (which would have numerous side effects) you will need to change your lifestyle. If you make the move you will be so pleased you did. Its an enlightened route and works very quickly, but it is not for everyone.

Search out a Naturopath.

Although such a practitioner might have something specifics for your condition if you do as you are advised it will be life changing for your TOTAL health. This is just what nature intended and it is very very powerful.

Whilst looking for a practitioner in your town ensure they have had a reasonable amount of experience and that ensure that you have an afinity with them.

All the best

Last edited by Administrator; 09-04-2011 at 07:44 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jome For This Useful Post:
dee088 (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
(female)

anniezlyrahbean HB User

Thank you for your reply!
I stopped looking on the net for all these symptoms I've been having and just tried to chill out!
I recently had one doctor do some fasting tests to rule out Diabetes since most of my symptoms seem to be that of a diabetic (shaky, headaches, heart palps, sweating etc) No results yet but im optimistic!
As for the chest pains i had a walk in clinic doctor tell me that its acid reflux...BUT I dont want to believe that just yet!
My GP has referred me to a cardiologist and im Prayn=hoping that ill be getting a call soon! I dont know if its just a canadian thing but doctors here...sorry to say it are very very slow and a person can die well before they receive the help!!
She seems concerned with my chest pain not getting better and when I am in full physical activity (walking for 30 mins, or sprinting) i get that ugly stabbing chest pain...yikes...
but yes i have read that the arteries will unclog themselves with a diet and lifestyle change and i am well on my way!! alot of raw fruits and veggies for this mama!! as well as no red meat and no sugar!!
Ive learned to get over it and try not to think of the worst and keep on with daily life, since stressing makes things worse in any situation!
I will def. put it out there when i come to a diagnosis...wish me luck! :-)

The following user gives a hug of support to anniezlyrahbean:
dee088 (08-26-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
(female)

g versace HB User

Hi I dont know much about angina, and I've been researching this myself for my family member. If I hadn't looked online Id have never found this site-and for that I am grateful... but I had to stop. it became overwhelming. I agree with Jome, and if I were you I'd stop online research... it will only upset you more. One thing I DID learn is, stress or worry is not good for angina. Hope all is well and you got to your dr.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
(male)

mangthizzle HB User

Well looks like it's been a few months since you been on here. I see slot of people post and never get responds back...well I reponding back as I do get the same symptoms...I've gone through the anxiety/panic attacks and was given all them anxiety pills which helped for the mean while but now I'm at a different point...I believe what symptoms I have feel just like angina too...since I've been to the ER about 10x's now within a year in a half and they found nothing...EKG/chest xray/stress test tread mill/stress test tread mill ultra sound/stomach ultra sound/ct Scan dye injection twice/slot of blood work...and nothing found...they said heart was normal...well there is a angiogram which requires surgery and maybe that can solve what's going on...but yeah I'm getting moderate pains in upper left chest and lower...left side of neck...shortness of breath...pain in left arm...pain in the back left side also and this is like constantly everyday now for the past few days...it's not anxiety/panics...something is going on...

Closed Thread