It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #1
(female)

cherishu2 HB User
Angina? Heart? please read!!!

I am 45 yrs. Family history of heart/angina heart disease. Mom, Dad, cousins,sister, neices etc.Have high cholesterol 9 and high bp
I have pains mainly during exertion. The pains radiate from squeezing in the chest down my RIGHT arm. This is causing confusion and delaying a diagnosis. Because its normally left arm, apparently.Pains bring on sweating,dizziness, breathlessness
basically all the classic symptoms.
If I stop and rest it subsides. (though I now have spray to take too).
It comes and goes which confuses me. one week or so I'll be fine. Then I have noticed a definate thing happening everytime, just before the symptoms return,not immediately before an attack.But when they are going to return I start to get 'heart feelings'. At rest or at play. Its like palpatations but stronger, sometimes it hurts and I have to gasp.I know its not panic attacks. I know how those feel and its nothing like them. It enough to make me stop. Then any exertion, such as exercise, walking etc the angina will kick in.The pain in my arm can be mild to very painfull and I have notice pins and needles in both hands at this time. Though not very strong. Until again it goes. The length of days etc that the angina stays, differs a lot. But the longest i have been free of it is about a week at a time.
I have had a stress test that came back ok. But i was on a pain free week lol. I had a nuclear test but no results as yet. But my father and mother all showed normal until angioplast!!!!!!! As did some of rest of family.
Im worried after tests they will say its nothing.
What I am asking is are these classic signs.
Anyone noticed the coming and going of their angina?
Anyone noticed the heart feelings when its coming back?
To me its like I have, say a 'clot', for want of a better word. Floating around that comes and blocks then off it goes again. Obviously that cant be happening, but thats how it feels.
I'm concerned they will not take it seriously and I have 7 kids to live for lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Angina? Heart? please read!!!

Tell your Dr you want an angiogram - an angiogram is the only 100% way of knowing if you have blocked arteries.

My Angina presented itself as a burning sensation in the throat - I would have never thought a burning in the throat was heart related.
I ended up having a triple bypass.

Your family history is not good demand an angiogram.

Good Luck.

Closed Thread

Tags
angina, fed up, heart, pain