It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
(male)

runnman HB User
Please, just some information is all I ask

I've been experiencing this weird type of center chest pressure whenever I get excited (for instance when my football team scores and I celebrate). This is accompanied with a hard, heavy heartbeat that I feel all over my body. This doesn't happen randomly, only when excited or emotional, and occasionally when getting out of my chair quickly. It only lasts for 1 min if that, sometime even 30 seconds. I read about angina, but I'm not sure if this is it. I can only hope to god it isn't.

I've been to ER twice, had two ECG's, two blood tests and an a x ray. It all came back fine apparently. In general I am an anxious person, and have suffered panic attacks in the past. But this differs from a panic attacks, and I fear is more serious. I'm only 17 years old (18 in 2 weeks), and I am not exactly physically fit. I used to play a lot of sports but injured my lower back and couldn't for a year and haven't got back into it. I smoke very occasionally, and don't drink that much. I used to smoke that herbal incense, k2 stuff, but not that much (I know very stupid of me but I didn't think at the time).

I know your all probably sick of hearing from anxious teenagers, but I've got no real information from my doctors. They all told me I'm fine, they didn't even diagnose me with anxiety. All I want is someone to put my mind to rest and tell me what the hell is wrong with me, if anything is. All this uncertainty is killing me.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
(female)

Ljc186 HB User
Re: Please, just some information is all I ask

Hi there,
This doesn't sound like angina to me.
Angina is a chest discomfort, like a tightness or heaviness, rather than feeling the heart beating fast or hard. What you are describing are palpitations - an awareness of your own heart beat (can be hard, fast, irregular, extra beats, missing beats - palpitations cover a lot of feelings).
If you are concerned I would see your doctor for a routine appointment. He should be able to refer you for a 24 hour ECG monitor for you to wear during your normal daily activities - I would suggest planning something that will excite you and bring on your symptoms on the day you have it on.
Hope this helps xxx

Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
(male)

runnman HB User

Thanks, Ive actually had a 24 hour monitor now and it all came back fine. Still getting the chest tightness and skipped beats, but I assume ill be all okay.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnman View Post
I've been experiencing this weird type of center chest pressure whenever I get excited (for instance when my football team scores and I celebrate). This is accompanied with a hard, heavy heartbeat that I feel all over my body. This doesn't happen randomly, only when excited or emotional, and occasionally when getting out of my chair quickly. It only lasts for 1 min if that, sometime even 30 seconds. I read about angina, but I'm not sure if this is it. I can only hope to god it isn't.

I've been to ER twice, had two ECG's, two blood tests and an a x ray. It all came back fine apparently. In general I am an anxious person, and have suffered panic attacks in the past. But this differs from a panic attacks, and I fear is more serious. I'm only 17 years old (18 in 2 weeks), and I am not exactly physically fit. I used to play a lot of sports but injured my lower back and couldn't for a year and haven't got back into it. I smoke very occasionally, and don't drink that much. I used to smoke that herbal incense, k2 stuff, but not that much (I know very stupid of me but I didn't think at the time).

I know your all probably sick of hearing from anxious teenagers, but I've got no real information from my doctors. They all told me I'm fine, they didn't even diagnose me with anxiety. All I want is someone to put my mind to rest and tell me what the hell is wrong with me, if anything is. All this uncertainty is killing me.

Thanks.
I have the exact same thing, have it for yrs. ?? I was told I had PAC. I just wanted to ask you, are you smoking Spice?? That stuff that looks like pot? If so, please stop, that can cause heart issues, etc. I am not some old person that is going to harp on you, I was a teen once too and smoked pot, a lot I may add, but to be honest, the real stuff would be better than that crap! Dont do it anymore!!! Get your doc to order you a holter monitor and see what comes back. Also, if you anxious you dont want to smoke pot either, it can cause panic attacks.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I have had this on and off all my life. It is just an adrenaline type thing, that sets off palpitations and nervous spasms around the breathing muscles. You did the right thing with your investigations, but don't let it run your life. I have found a good remedy is to plunge your face into cold water a couple of times. This usually stops it. Or drink some Iced water, also helps. Cheers, Sera

Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljc186 View Post
Hi there,
This doesn't sound like angina to me.
Angina is a chest discomfort, like a tightness or heaviness, rather than feeling the heart beating fast or hard.
Angina pain can be anywhere from the belly button to the jaw, front or back.

My angina was a burning in the throat - I ended up having a triple bypass.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #7
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

Could you explain your burning in the throat in more detail? Did you have any other symptoms with it?? Thanks

Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Hi Rhiannon68,

It was a burning sensation just below the adams apple, I actually thought it was indigestion.
I had no other symptoms - the 'pain' would come with exercise, walking fast, climbing stairs etc;
It would also come if I was stressed about something or got emotional such as being annoyed at other drivers.
At first it only came maybe once every couple of months, then I started getting it a few times a week - that's when I went to have it checked out.

It only lasted a minute or so at the most and would always go away once I sat down and relaxed.

Last edited by Vyking; 05-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Closed Thread