It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
(female)

25ellie HB User
Angina... stress????

Just been referred by my GP for an ecg stress test as hes concerned my stress may be masking a heart condition maybe Angina

It started a month a go in which I experienced chest clutching pain in the centre of my chest, breathlessness, a frightening dry thirst that came on quickly, sick feeling and a terrible fatigue. At the time I was driving on the motor way and pulled into the hard shoulder where traffic police called an ambulance. 12 pad ecg, finger ***** blood test and all obs showed nothing and I carried on the 250 mile journey. Since then I have had constant chest heavyness and episodes of similar to above. My GP told me it was panic attacks and anxiety as I have been under a lot of stress and put me on a panic program. Today I have seen him and asked if this could be angina as my father died at 35 of heart attacks and I have high cholestrol and currently on simvastatine. I explained my symptoms and explained that my bp goes from my normal 120/80 to 148/98 when I'm experiencing them. He listened to my heart and that he felt was normal and then explained he felt it was stress but referred me for the ecg stress test to be sure. I asked if he could prescribe asprin and he said no so I've decided to take them myself, just 2 over the counter asprin that you would normally take as a pain killer.
Prior to my experience on the motor way I had a pain between my shoulder blades in my back for about a week and I had been feeling exausted for sometime way before this.
8 years ago I experienced similar symptoms and went privatly for a 24hr tape, ecg stress test and both came back clear
Can anyone advise or relate to these problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
(female)

spring thistle HB User
Re: Angina.. stress????

Hi,
firts of all come off the asprin as u should self medicate for a genuin condition that u dont know if u have or not. have you had you cholesterol check recently? and are you overweight? these simple factors could be underlying issues that can maybe cause chect flutters. my hubby had exactly the same problems as you and it turned out to be high cholesterol and a small trapped nerve in the shoulder, now im not saying that this is whats wrong with you but an ecg wont find out anything if its done too late after a 'episode'. Try and put you faith in you doctor he says you heart sound healthy so it must be, are you asthmatic? you didnt go into any of your medical history its hard to put two and two together when you dont have all the information. Look im no doctor but ive experience, i think you should go and get a full blood check dont and get you cholesterol check then take it from there you might be surprised.
hope this helps
xxxxx

Old 05-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
(female)

spring thistle HB User

Hi,
first of all come off the asprin as u should self medicate for a genuin condition that u dont know if u have or not. have you had you cholesterol check recently? and are you overweight? these simple factors could be underlying issues that can maybe cause chest flutters. my hubby had exactly the same problems as you and it turned out to be high cholesterol and a small trapped nerve in the shoulder, now im not saying that this is whats wrong with you but an ecg wont find out anything if its done too late after a 'episode'. Try and put you faith in you doctor he says you heart sound healthy so it must be, are you asthmatic? you didnt go into any of your medical history its hard to put two and two together when you dont have all the information. Look im no doctor but ive experience, i think you should go and get a full blood check dont and get you cholesterol check then take it from there you might be surprised.
hope this helps
xxxxx

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #4
(female)

25ellie HB User

Hi Spring Thistle,

I'm 42 and yes I am about 2 stone over weight, I dont have asthma but I have high cholestrol in which I'm being treated for, simvastatine.
The ecg in the ambulance was performed approx 30 mins after my symptoms started
I have had both chest pain and breathless most of the time since my first attack a month ago and also experienced episodes of symptoms the same as attack perhaps 3 or 5 times since. My GP was sure it was panic attacks and anxiety but now wants to rule out angina. I asked today if I should have another cholestrol test but he said no as its done yearly and last one was 3months ago at 5.7 in which he doubled my dose of simvastatine. Feeling confused and bewildered at whats going on x

Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 AM   #5
(female)

spring thistle HB User

ok so the doc say panic attacks, is this a new thing? are you on AD? panic attacks can be brought on by a multitude of things and you might never be aware of it, these can be treated by psychotherapy, cognitive therapy and or medication, pardon the pun but i wouldnt panic just now, this could all be managed by simple lifestyle changes too, boring and bland i know...but simple and effective ive lost 8lb in 3 weeks simply by changing my eating habits, no excersive involved! you do have high cholesterol that would be my only concern at the moment try your best to get that done there are products in the supermarket ie drinks, spreads that can help with this sort of thing.
good luck pet im sure itll all work out..........stop stressing
SP X

Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 AM   #6
(female)

spring thistle HB User

ok so the doc say panic attacks, is this a new thing? are you on AD? panic attacks can be brought on by a multitude of things and you might never be aware of it, these can be treated by psychotherapy, cognitive therapy and or medication, pardon the pun but i wouldnt panic just now, this could all be managed by simple lifestyle changes too, boring and bland i know...but simple and effective ive lost 8lb in 3 weeks simply by changing my eating habits, no excersive involved! you do have high cholesterol that would be my only concern at the moment try your best to get that done there are products in the supermarket ie drinks, spreads that can help with this sort of thing.
good luck pet im sure itll all work out..........stop stressing
SP X

Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #7
(female)

25ellie HB User

I'm having cognitive therapy but don't want to take ADs
I feel if the ecg stress test doesn't flag anything up then I will accept its panic attacks
I'm workinh on the de stressing but its difficult xx

Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Angina... stress????

Do some research and you will find that statins have been implicated in causing angina. The drug that you are taking to prevent heart issues could be the thing causing you to have those symtoms. I wish you well.

Closed Thread