It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User
Unhappy Concerned

(female)

Hugs: 2
Hugged 5 Times in 5 Posts
My Mood:

Question/help
About 2 yrs ago, I woke up with an intense burning pain in my chest and neck, I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER. All was ok,. I kept the burning feeling for about a week and it left. About 6 months later, It happened again, my doc said i had GERD. The burning pain will come and go over months span. I last had it in Dec, lasted for a few days, even during my GB surgery Does this sound normal of GERD? I have so anxious and worrying about my heart, i have had probably 10 EKG and heart monitors and all is ok aside from PAC.s Can GERD come on and leave like that? I just had my GB removed and thought that was a lot of my problems, but now its back. i had went off my prilosec. I get these pains, not really pains, but spasms/waves of heat that is in my chest and neck. it will last for a second or 2 and go away and do that for hrs. It scares me to death. Can someone please let me know if this sounds like GERD or Angina?

The following user gives a hug of support to Rhiannon68:
lisamomto5 (05-12-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Concerned

I don't think it's angina because the pain lasts too long.
Angina pain will go away fairly quickly once you stop whatever it was you were doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

I am not doing anything when I have the burning, I actually feel better when I get up. It just scares me when I have any discomfort in my chest area, I already have a lot of anxiety and of course thinking something is wrong with your heart makes it worse!! I have no other symptoms, just burn.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Try drinking a glass of milk - if the pain goes after drinking it is not cardiac related.
If the intensity of the pain increases, decreases or goes away when you change postition, it is not cardiac related.

Cardiac pain will remain the same intensity when you change position.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
(female)

lisamomto5 HB User

I feel your anxiety over this, I too have woken up or just been sitting or walking not doing much of anything and I get the burning in my chest and neck, I have had it on and off forever, the last couple of days though for some reason the crazy in me thinks its a blocked artery, I have no idea why, I am however getting the odd sharpe pain in my arm and or hand not to often though. I am thinking of going to the ER but scared to at the same time, right now I am kinda confused.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Hi lisamomto5,

If you're concerned about your pain please go to the ER.
Your heart is something you should not take lightly.

Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vyking For This Useful Post:
lisamomto5 (05-12-2012)
Old 05-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
(female)

lisamomto5 HB User

I am giving it thought, I must tell you that I suffer from anxiety as well although I have been able to control it for some time now and I have acid reflux which again I h ave been able to keep under control with medication. Part of me says go the other part says really? You dont want to waist anyones time, I dont know this time it feels different so chances are I will go and get it checked because I dont want to ruin my mothers day that my kids have planned.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

I thought my burning pain in the throat was reflux - My doc sent for an Angiogram and 4 days later I had a triple bypass.
I had two 90% blockages in the left main coronary artery and one 70% in the right main coronary artery.

You won't be waisting anyones time - they would rather see nothing wrong with you than see you with a heart attack or worse.

Last edited by Vyking; 05-12-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyking View Post
Get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

I thought my burning pain in the throat was reflux - My doc sent for an Angiogram and 4 days later I had a triple bypass.
I had two 90% blockages in the left main coronary artery and one 70% in the right main coronary artery.

You won't be waisting anyones time - they would rather see nothing wrong with you than see you with a heart attack or worse.
What did your burning feel like?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

You asked me that in another post so I've just copied the answer here:

It was a burning sensation just below the adams apple, I actually thought it was indigestion.
I had no other symptoms - the 'pain' would come with exercise, walking fast, climbing stairs etc;
It would also come if I was stressed about something or got emotional such as being annoyed at other drivers.
At first it only came maybe once every couple of months, then I started getting it a few times a week - that's when I went to have it checked out.

It only lasted a minute or so at the most and would always go away once I sat down and relaxed.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #11
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

I did ask you? LOL I am not with it! Thanks for your anwser!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
(female)

dusky blue HB Userdusky blue HB User

Rhia, the only way to put your mind at ease is to have as Vyking did ...an angiogram. It s the definitive indicator of arterial blockages. I had one even tho' I didint have any pain or discomfort but it is in my father's family. 3 blockages were found & 3 steel stents were put in to keep the arteries open. That was 5yrs ago and I've been fine since. Dont take chances with your ticker. I hope you get a good result. All the best, Margie

The Following User Says Thank You to dusky blue For This Useful Post:
ALC0806 (10-25-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
(female)

Rhiannon68 HB User

What symptoms did you have that made you go to the doctor?? I have been taking my GERD meds and have been feeling some relief. I have not had this pain since December and before the attack in December, it was about in July when I had it. I feel okay otherwise, I am not exerting myself when I have the burning. It will be like this burning pain from in the middle of my chest and up to my throat and burn like and 1.2.3 gone. Another few min I will have it again. Then I wont have for hours and it will cycle that way.

Closed Thread