It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

mgceru HB User
Unstable Angina - 12 years after Angioplasty

My husband had chest pains when he was 53 yrs old. He jogged daily, lifted weights and kept in really good shape. He started to feel weak while jogging and could not keep up with his buddy. He saw his MD and they did all the tests and picked up nothing. Subsequently, these pains continued and the long and the short of it is he ended up in ER. It was only after they did the test with the dye that the could see something was wrong. He was schedule for an angiogram but ended up in ER again and had angioplasty with two stents placed in his heart.

Six years ago under extremely stressful and trying period, he again became unstable, we repeated the above scenario and and they found he was 73% blocked at his stents and that he had microvascular angina. No treatment given, he was told to maintain the status quo......they were not prepared to address the blocking stents.

Now he is again showing very unstable angina brought on by stress, exercising, simply walking dogs and at night. He has chosen the route of getting an appointment with his cardiologist. He has on several occasions used his Nitro more than four times and refused to go to the ER. It is like he is in denial or has a death wish. There is a lot of stress because that's the type of person he his, but there is also stress because his son is insisting on getting married this summer. He lives on the otherside of the continent and his father can't fly. So now we are planning a 4000 km road trip. I'm just at a loss as to what I should do. Should I just call an ambulance when I see he looks in distress, because he not telling me anymore when he has pain. Is it safe just to wait it out and see what the cardio say.

What will they do if the stents are blocked, how do you unblock them......does this mean a by-pass?????

I need some advice...

Glya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Unstable Angina - 12 years after Angioplasty

If the stents are blocked he will more than likely need bypass.

Yes - Call an ambulance and get him to the ER.
There's no point in him being stubborn a blocked artery in the right place can kill in the blink of an eye without any warning whatsoever.

Good Luck.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
(female)

mgceru HB User

Thanks, I need to get a real grasp of this situation. I haven't even focused on a by-pass. I thought it would be like the last procedure and he would be able to be back to normal in a few days. If he requires a by-pass, it means he will have to go to a larger city with the facilities to handle such procedures. I'm going to do what you advised though and call an ambulance, he won't like it but that is the only way I can keep him alive.

Ciao
Gaylla

Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
(male)

Octogent HB User

Blocked stents can be unblocked by inserting another stent within the blocked stent. It was done to me. Check with your cardiologist.

Reply Reply