It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
(female)

goxflyxaxkite HB User
Exclamation scared.i feel like i can't breathe...

two months ago i had a fibroadenoma tumor removed from my left breast.about 2 weeks after i felt a sharp pain in the middle of my chest that made it difficult to move and a little hard to breathe.my mother, my GP and i dismissed it as muscles healing rom the surgery. it went away a couple days later. About 2 weeks ago i was relaxing in my room when i suddenly felt the pain return. i wasn't moving or straining myself when i felt it. i told my mother about it the next day since she's an icu nurse in my hometown and i figured she knew more about it. she told me to go get checked out by an urgent care because i'm at school in pittsburgh and i had no money for a doctors office. I went to the urgent care and they first thought it could be asthma but they dismissed it since i don't smoke and my family doesn't have a history of it. The ran an ekg and didn't some X-rays but found nothing. they thought it might be a blood clot in my lung and sent me to the e.r. to get some bloodwork and a CT scan done. the bloodwork came back normal and they did another ekg and it was normal too. I'm not sure why but they didn't end up doing the CT scan which kind of bothered me. in the end they pretty much said it was muscle pain behind my sternum and gave me an Rx for ibuprofen. Now, two weeks later the pain has changed from a sharp stabbing pain, to an all over really tense pain. It feels a lot harder to breathe. Anytime i walk i feel like i just got done running a couple miles, even if its only 10 feet. Getting to school and work is difficult because theres a small incline and i have to stop and catch my breathe. The pain is effecting my entire life and makes it difficult to get off the couch cause i know how I'm going to feel. does anyone know what might be wrong with me? i feel like i should go back to the hospital and demand a CT scan or something. maybe they're missing something. I don't know what to do. I was fine 3 weeks ago and now i feel like my lungs are going to explode. any help is appreciated.thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: scared.i feel like i can't breathe...

I think you should go to the ER. That is nothing to mess around with. I can't believe they didn't do the ct scan. I think it's important to go to the ER!! Good luck and please keep me posted! I'm gonna be worried about how you're doing!!

Reply Reply