It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
(male)

ACerulean HB User
Thumbs up Exercises that can be done to deal with Chronic Chest Pain?

Hello, I want to begin by saying that I highly doubt that I have any sort of cardiac issues but I was unsure where else to post this. I have had chest pains that feel like a dull ache in the center of my chest for well near two years now. There was a time when they only occurred with heavy exercise, but now they come when I do as much as walk a short distance. I have never experienced the symptoms of a heart attack and I have never, or almost never, had these pains radiate to any other portion of my body. I have had multiple ekgs, two treadmill stress tests, and multiple echo-cardiograms performed. These have all come back normal save for a very mild case of aortic valve stenosis. I have come to the conclusion that these pains are either angina which has not been diagnosed yet or are muscular. I was hoping that some of the forum members might be able to recommend exercises that I could do to deal with these pains. I am due for a stress echo test, a meeting with an adult cardiologist, and physical therapy sessions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Exercises that can be done to deal with Chronic Chest Pain?

Seriously.... I wouldn't be doing any kind of exercise until you find out what the pains are - If it's cardiac related you're risking your life.

I had a burning sensation in my throat for 14 months which I thought was reflux or indigestion, it turned out I had 3 major blockages in my coronary arteries and ended up having a triple bypass.

Angina is caused by not enough blood to the heart muscle - mainly caused by blocked/narrowed coronary arteries.

The only 100% sure way of knowing if you have blocked arteries or not is by having a Cardiac Cath (Angiogram).
Quote:
There was a time when they only occurred with heavy exercise, but now they come when I do as much as walk a short distance.
This sounds cardiac related to me.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Vyking; 08-13-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply