It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
(male)

thehoolit HB User
newly diagnosed with Angina( confused and scared)

hi Folks, I`m a 50yr old Male and until a few days ago, life was fairly well balanced, with only the normal stuff going on. Family, Work, the normal things in life.
I had noticed a pain in between my shoulder blades for a few weeks, but never really pain much attention to it. it started to really annoy me and my GP wanted me to get test etc. long story short, it turns out i`ve got angina and i feel like my whole world has just collapsed. I try so so hard to get my head round things, but than i start googling and my confidence just runs out the door.

i`m waiting to get a angiogram ? which could be followed by a angioplasty ? soz if the spellings are dodgy lol.
i dont want to know about these things ! this only happens to other folk lol.

my Goodness, this is prob the most serious thing thats ever happened to me.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: newly diagnosed with Angina( confused and scared)

Hi,
Has your doc given you nitrates?
Wait for the Angiogram results, they are 100% accurate as to degree of artery narrowing/blockage.

I had minor throat burning in 2009 and it turned out to be Angina - I had a triple bypass that October, my blockages were un-stentable.
My Angina has now gone.

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
(male)

thehoolit HB User

HI Vyking, thanks for the reply. yes, my doc gave me nitrates, but i`m really wary about using them. i guess i`ve read too much about bad effects etc.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

I never needed to use mine, I just sat down and waited for the pain to go - it usually went within a minute or two.
These days they can do a lot about heart problems so try not to worry too much, you're really lucky they found it before you had a heart attack or worse.
Finding these things early can add years to your life.

As my surgeon said to me - 'There are many, many people walking around out there who don't even know they have a coronary problem'

Reply Reply