It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

Chagousa HB User
Angina, is it possible?

Do I have angina?
Been having this not easy to explain sensation in the chest (left), numb feeling, discomfort, pressure.
Sometimes in the middle, around the breast, even under breast.
It gets better when I go to bed or take a walk, it gets worse when sitting for too long...
Have been to ER at least 5 times in the past 4 months, several tests done, stress test, even nuclear, nothing to report.
Scans, echo scans, even gastroenterology studies, endoscopy, all clear.
Is there anything that I have missed?
The "feeling" is constant, for four months already, can this be angina undiagnosed somehow?
Help please...

Old 09-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Angina, is it possible?

I really don't think it's Angina, you said the pain is constant - Angina pain will cease with rest within a few of minutes.

Have you seen a Cardioligist?

The only 100% way of knowing if you have Coronary Artery Disease is by having an Angiogram (Cardiac Cath).

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
(male)

Chagousa HB User

Yes, I have been seen by two Cardiologist, one did a regular stress test, and some scans of my arteries, and said everything is musculoskeletal, he gave me Ibuprofen to take and that did not do anything, still felt it. If anything it gave me gastritis.
I left that doctor, did not return to see him....last thing he said it was well, if you still feel the symptoms then a catherization should be done. How could he say that after he told me that everything is ok with the heart....
So I went to see another doctor who told me that it would be good to do a Nuclear stress test...which I passed....again blood work showed nothing, and scans showed nothing.
That's why I'm wondering, if I still feel the discomfort/pain/numbness, do you think a catherization would be necessary? How about instead of the cath, I do a CTA scan, they say that those are the choice if you don't want such an drastic procedure done, I mean a cath is pretty invasive? right?

Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagousa View Post
....last thing he said it was well, if you still feel the symptoms then a catherization should be done. How could he say that after he told me that everything is ok with the heart....
He may have noticed you felt uneasy and offered the Cath to put your mind to rest.
As I said a Cath is 100% accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagousa View Post
do you think a catherization would be necessary? How about instead of the cath, I do a CTA scan, they say that those are the choice if you don't want such an drastic procedure done, I mean a cath is pretty invasive? right?
I'd go by the decision of the Cardioligists... If it's worrying you and you want to know 100% if you have CAD then have the Cath proceedure done.
The Cath is painless - just a small nick in the groin, you wont feel anything, there are no nerves in your blood vessles.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Vyking; 09-05-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
(male)

NSSnacho HB User

Is there any updates? Have you done the Angiogram? I do have same symptoms as yours, but also with mild Short of Breath (SOB) sensation.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
(male)

Chagousa HB User

I did not do the cath,
I was told by another cardiologist that it is definitely not my heart, so that gave me relief...
I am actually dealing now with another totally different monster....I did a CT scan of my neck down, and they did not find anything related to the chest...but they did find cancer in the thyroid...
I had surgery, and now going through radiation...
anyway, my initial numbness sensation has been reduced a lot, not sure why, I have taken prilosec, which helped a lot, but did not take them away...now I'm going to physical therapy...it has also helped...not sure why it hasnt completely vanished...but I still feel minor discomfort...so I'm going day by day, it appears that it is slowing down...so I'm happy about that...
we'll see.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chagousa For This Useful Post:
NSSnacho (12-04-2012)
Old 10-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
(male)

dionusos HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyking View Post
I really don't think it's Angina, you said the pain is constant - Angina pain will cease with rest within a few of minutes.

Have you seen a Cardioligist?
)
How do you know this? Just curious

Old 11-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
(female)

martini58 HB User

Glad you found the problem! Hope everything goes well for you.

Last edited by martini58; 11-03-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionusos View Post
How do you know this? Just curious
Because I used to suffer from Angina pain due to blocked coronary arteries.

I had a triple bypass in 2009, so no more Angina for me.

Reply Reply