It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
(male)

sgiapos HB User
Any tips on what this could be?

About 2 weeks ago, I started to exercise after about a year of being inactive. After the first run, I noticed my heart was hurting. It was beating pretty fast, and it felt tight. I figured I had just done too much for having just jumped back in. I did a mile run/jog. I am 25, 6 feet tall, and weighed 278 pounds exactly one month ago. Right now, I'm at 258 pounds. I guess I lost a good amount of weight. My heart beats per minute was about 110 on average for the longest time, which is the reason why I decided to start running again. Now It's back down to 70bpm.

Now, the problem. Every time, after exercising, I started feeling pain in my heart. I have ran Every single day, 1 to 2 miles and felt this pain every once in a while, a few hours after exercising, and it would last a few hours. Do you think this is because I started too hard on my exercise, or could it be something more serious?

I did not run yesterday or today to test myself. My heart has not hurt since Saturday night, which is 3 days ago, BUT, i do feel shaky, and my heart feels sore. The sore feeling is completely different from the pain I usually have.

So I guess the real question is, do you think this pain was brought about because of exercising too hard, or because there may be something wrong? Everything else seems fine. It's only when I exercise.

Extra stuff: 2 weeks ago I also changed my diet completely. I cut off sugar almost completely (Natural sugar on produce). I have been drinking only water, green tea, and natural fruit juices. I also cut off buttery stuff, and salt, and have been eating smaller meals, 3 times a day. I've basically changed my life completely. But this one thing keeps bothering me, and sense I have no health insurance, I feel trapped to wait for a deeper emergency.

Last edited by sgiapos; 11-12-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
(male)

sgiapos HB User
Re: Any tips on what this could be?

Update*

Soon after I eased up on my exercise, I started feeling weak and shaky. Almost any movement I do feels like my heart starts beating fast. I read about the detoxification one's body goes through after starting a severe diet of cutting sugar, salt and caffeine can take a toll on my body for the first few weeks. The symptoms described are what I'm feeling now. But I can't help thinking it had something to do with the pain I was feeling last week, and I would just really like some advice. I can't afford to go to the hospital, so I'm doing my best to make sure I'm SURE I should go. Another thing.

Reply Reply