It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

NDmom HB User
Curious... has anyone filed lawsuits for Misdiagnosis?

I'm just wondering... how many, if any of you, have been turned away with quick diagnosis of anxiety/stress/indigestion or anything when you presented the Drs with chest pain, then had to be rushed to the ER for heart attack?

Has anyone filed claims against their Drs/hospitals?

Thank you.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

byoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB User
Re: Curious.. has anyone filed lawsuits for Misdiagnosis?

This happened to me, I made 4 trips to the Dr. for heaviness in my chest arms legs, pain up my chest to my jaw, a boring pain in my back thru my body sort of thing. My dr. dismissed me totally, gave me a script for ativan, and an antacid. Ended up in the ER having a heart attack. Needless to say that dr. got fired! But not until I told her off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User
Re: Curious.. has anyone filed lawsuits for Misdiagnosis?

No thoughts for a lawsuit because there was no damage to me.
But after 4 years of discomfort, during which I was getting more and more sure was stable angina I arranged for a cardiologist and a stress test.
The test, non-nuclear, was done and during the treadmill test I quickly developed the burning pain in my chest and shoulders. I complained about the rather severe pain but he, the cardiologist (he did the test himself) asking whether I could bear it and continue. I did. It got better, got worse, got better, got worse. I got through the 12 minutes.

They then ultrasounded me and two doctors said I was fine, "It is probably high blood pressure causing the pain???"

I took them at their word and then saw the report stating "patient did not complain of ischemia." SAY WHAT????? I must have complained loudly of pain at least 5 times in 12 minutes.

So I went on for another 5 years and saw a renowned cardiologist and I described my symptoms: burning pain oo exertion, pain on SLIGHT exertion with a full stomach, and pain when walking into a very cold wind.
He said :You have classic angina...you should have done something about it years ago." (So nice to hear.)
He ordered an immediate angiogram showing a 99%+ blockage of my right coronary artery.

So yeah, there are morons out there with the word CARDIOLOGIST on their wall plaque.

Last edited by Voxx976; 03-05-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Closed Thread