It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Angina Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

Danielle84048 HB User
Chest pains

Hi
I've been having some problems since this past Tuesday. Every day I'm having pretty bad chest pains and also some pains in my upper back. I don't think its heart attack. I'm not sure if its heart related or not. I've took some aspirin and it doesnt seem to help. I've had acid reflux in the past so I have been taking some medicine for that, but the pain is still there. And Im not sure I would be having the pains in my back too if it was reflux. My dr is not able to see me until next week and I've been trying to stay out of the ER unless it was an absolute emergency. So Im just wondering if I should be worried that it is heart related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

Danielle84048 HB User
Re: Chest pains

Oh I'm 29 years old. And the pain has been mostly like a stabbing or prickling kind of feeling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
(female)

Chris2X2 HB User

Hy Danielle! I read your post and I was wondering if you found out anything. I've been having chest pains for about 2 months now, and sometimes the pain does indeed radiate to the mid back. I just posted a message in the 'heart disorders' category, hoping I will maybe find some answers...

Let me know how you've been feeling!
Chris

Old 05-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
(female)

Lauren116 HB User
Hi!

I'm wondering if we are having the same kind of pain. This morning I woke up and after breathing in I got this sharp stabbing pain in the middle of my chest. It look my breath away and I thought it would stop but it has been happening all day. I have bad reflux and took Prevacid and gas pills but nothing is helping. I don't really have any other symptoms except this stabbing pain which is freaking me out because when it comes it goes into my upper back also. Of course I goggled it too which doesn't help. Hopefully it's better by tomorrow. You'll have to keep us posted!

Old 05-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

To those who posted here about chest pains, I hope you have seen a cardiologist. Those pains that you are having on a regular basis is a signal of some kind that there a trouble going on. Those pains needs to be checked into, not a emergency room unless you are having difficulty breathing as well. Get to a cardiologist and get some test run, get with your gp and get some tests run. Find out what is going on, don't just sit there and ignore the pain. Your body is telling you something is wrong in the body. Let us know what you find out. No matter if is a minor thing. Let us know something. Hungs for everyone here today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

A good test to determine cause of chest pain is that heart pain is not dependent on body position or movement. Costochondritis (ligament and ribcage pain) IS.

So if you pain is made a lot worse when you lift up an arm or twist a certain way, it is muscle/ligament strain or sprain. Same if it hurts when you breath in very deeply. Though these pains can hurt like Hell they usually are self healing in a week or two and nothing to be scared about.

The pain of a heart attack is not relieved no matter how you sit stand or lie.

The pain of angina goes away if you sit still for 10 minutes.

Not diagnostic but tolerable rules of thumb.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
(male)

r0bam HB User

I have had chest pains for a little over a month. First it was in my upper shoulder near my under arm. Then on the corners of my chest on left and right. The pain would get worse the more tired I was and would disappear when I would sleep, but to return later in the day. Once in a while I will get sensation in the middle of my chest and feel a warm radiating sensation to my right arm only. I have no insurance as I am awaiting my medicare to be approved. Also to note I have been to the ER 3 times with perfect ECG. One ER doc prescribe omeprazole and I just finished my two week regiment for possible GERD. Either they pains are still there, but breathing is normal. Any thoughts?

Blessings,

Rob

Reply Reply