| | public anxiety tip...
when in public and start to feel the anxiety come on (oh, is it hot in here or is it just me?, uh-oh, i can feel my heart beating fast, oh man now im sweating and everyone is looking at me!)
1. calm yourself down: look at one object at a time ex. at checkout in walmart: look at your cart and say cart; look at whats in your cart; eggs, milk, bread, etc.
2. if you have to, take a bathroom break...wet a papertowel and go into a stall and wipe down face, back of neck, chest and arms(this one helps me when in restaurants)
3. step outside for a breath of fresh air.
4. tell yourself over and over: noone is looking at you, they're all busy with their own minds, dont believe me; look around
5. count. yea, start counting in your head....its unlimited to how far you can go, shoot, count to 1 million if you have to, count in 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, whatever works
hope this helps someone, these are just a few techniques i use( i get anxiety only in public and take no meds)