It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Tips Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 AM   #1
(male)

paxo HB User
My pilgrimage here to post what worked for me

I will make this brief as one can get bored with long stories. We all know the mental pain. I would rather have had my legs cut off than suffer this acute state of anxiety. Sometimes I would feel like I’m floating alone in the ocean surrounded by sharks and no one can help. I’m alone. Nobody feels fear like I do or understands.

About three years ago I left the forum as I could not stand the sadness of fellow sufferers. It only made me worse. When I left all I could think about was the similar misery fellow posters were going through and said to myself that if I ever find something that for me significantly helped or ‘cured’ this dreadful dreadful anxiety/panic attacks I would return and post that in some way it may help others.

Make no mistake I had had fear, terror and panic. Every moment I felt as if I was to be taken out and shot before a firing squad. I was in fear of everything: a pencil, a bottle of milk a cushion..… I thought like many that I was to be taken into a home. I would sit like a wounded dog in a corner. Terrible thoughts would attack unceasingly. Every little wrong I ever did would plague me as if I committed the most evil acts in the world. The depersonalization was like living in a goldfish bowl. OCD would take over my life. I think you have the picture.

I did take cipralex. The fist occasion induced a panic attack being scared of what this may do. For six months I was in a dream, exhausted and ready to walk into the sea because I could not bear my suffering anymore.

Instead of cutting out the cipralex or halving, I shaved a little off each tablet every day. It took me about two months. This way the body never missed it. I still had all the above but now the fear factor was down to about 5 or 6 instead of 10 out of 10. Still my life was miserable.

THE FOLLOWING IS IN TWO PARTS

We happened to be gutting the kitchen so all that was to eat was Oats. After a couple of days I felt so much better. I continued to feel glorious relief. However, until I sat down and analyzed what I was eating and by elimination, I realized it could only be the Oats. Doing a search I found that oats had been a long traditional ‘cure’ for anxiety. Why didn’t I come across this before when I (like most of us) spent weeks tracking and evaluating info to rid our selves of this anxiety scourge?

Second part:

By chance my wife has diabetes. I was searching the www for info to help her. A comment I heard struck me. It said: cancer cannot exist in an alkaline state. Further research lead me to find that bicarbonate of soda is being used to cure cancer. Oh! I thought. best go down and take some as prevention is better than cure (not realizing that bicarb is injected to the target area). The next day after taking bicarb I slept like a baby for the first time in years. No wrestling for two hours with mental techniques (of which have been a real help) to calm me as I had done every day which always exhausted me before rising. Just calm and tears of relief. But why and how is this relief happening?

Doing research I found that when the blood is in an acid state the nerves in the brain get fried. What! I read further. Taking ½ teaspoonful of Bicarb in ½ cup of water twice a day (in the morning and before going to bed) renders the blood more alkaline. The nerves don’t fry.

So why do Oats do the same? Research again tells me although Oats are acid they turn alkaline in the body much like lemon is acid but turns alkaline in the body so does cider vinegar. Oats have other properties that help as well. People live on an alkaline diet for this reason; to keep their blood balanced.

I instead sometimes use ¼ teaspoonful of washing soda and ¼ teaspoonful of bicarb twice a day. I found I don’t have to take it every day. If the body is too alkaline that to can cause problems. Its balance.

So with Oats (not the packaged but raw unprocessed) and bicarb my life is practically normal. But as you know what we have or are going through has traumatized us leaving the scars and at times I feel twinges. I have been using these for months now to make sure before posting. One good test was last week where a mega stressful situation was thrust upon me unlike any in recent years and I handled it really well and NO panic, no stomach wrenching no horrible thoughts. Whereas before I would have been hospitalized.

Now my research and conclusions may be flawed so please don’t flame me. All I can say is this has worked for me Big Time. I take no sedatives, no special teas no…….
I’m not saying do this. I’m simply reporting what works for me. I know other factors can cause anxiety attacks. Most of these factors I have had.

I noticed that when I took mega vit B’s It always made me worse and so stayed away from them. Now I found that Vit B’s turn the blood more acid. I may take them once a week. I also found that after taking fruit juices they made me shake and could not understand why. Now I know why.

This info may have been posted before so I apologize
Thanks for reading anyway

Pax

Last edited by paxo; 06-07-2009 at 04:49 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to paxo For This Useful Post:
bohtake (01-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread