It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Tips Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
(male)

HappyRay HB User
Advice for everyone :)

Hello everyone, thanks to all who replied to my previous post with kind words and advice it meant a lot. Now I have a few words for everyone.

For the past year or two my anxiety has went straight downhill, everything was terrible. At points I couldn't even speak to my family bar stressing until my dad said to me "get over yourself". I know that sounds harsh... it is, but it made me think. What we have is behavioral, it is all in our heads. We aren't like this, something in our brain tells us its there. What we need to do is push past it. For the past week I have been pushing myself to do the things I am terrified of; going to supermarkets, hanging out with friends, going out my way to help people and everything is becoming a lot easier. Sure I feel that it is still there but I push myself to continue, no matter how bad it gets, I push through it.

That is the key, to push yourself, tell other people to push you. You don't need meds or a shrink, you just need to trust yourself. Be positive, life is there for enjoying, we need to be thankful, when there are always millions who are worse off. The more time we spend dwelling on these boards, the more we let our brain consume the fact we suffer from this. No more, please everyone, just go out, it doesn't matter if it is until the end of your street, just do it and each day push yourself to do that little bit more. I know you can all do it as well.

Don't get me wrong it is still there, I can feel it looming, but I'm trying with all I can to push through it and you can to. It is fading and that is all it takes. PUSH yourself people, that is my biggest advice, it is YOU, forget the meds, concentrate on what YOU can achieve as a person.

I wish you all the best of luck and I will support you 100%. WE CAN BEAT THIS

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: HappyRay
Dashboardx322 (10-15-2011), Nyzfyniistmami (10-29-2011), sohappyYanxious (12-19-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HappyRay For This Useful Post:
Foxhound86 (06-25-2011), Momwithanxiety (10-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread