It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Tips Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
(male)

kervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB User
Lightbulb Some nice Tips for Anxiety

Ok, first you should know Im still being treated for it. Im not cured, If that can be said of every anxiety patient. I decided to share with you some things that are working for me.

First you should know my anxiety is relatively recent, 5-6 months, and its been diagnosed as SAD and soon after as GAD. You know the drill, the first panic attack gets you awfully anxious, and the worrying cycle begins, along with the mind tricking symptons.

I must tell you what In my case is the cause, so you can avoid it If you like. In college I had this ridiculous habit of being a short sleeper. I would go to bed at 2am to be up and ready and 7am. After a while, your body feels the pressure, dont doubt it. Second of all, is social life. I always been kind of a loner, but surrounded with ppl, so it was ok. In college, as soon as I left classes I would usually go home alone. Wrong thing to do. You should be with your friends more often and spend as little time in the house as you can, If you feek like proscrastinating.

Anyways, those were my primary mistakes. After the usual psych./doctor run, xanax and cipralex prescription (this last one giving me hell with side effects on the short 2 days i was on it), i decided to try some stuff on my own aswell. Some inner therapy. For starts, I bought a journal. I decided to write whenever I needed to, wether it was good or bad whatever i was feeling. Make no mistake, that relieves your mind. You are basically putting out thoughts you might be dwelling on paper, making them less and less important in your mind. So that is working for me so far.

The other thing, besides the basics of a good diet and exercise, is, go figu painting ( im not talented xD) when im painting, mixing colours, whatever, i dont think on anything else. But its a rcent hobby, meaning its a post-anxiety project. Anxiety makes you stuck. You gotta break the wall and teach it a lesson, say by having yourself do something you never did and might enjoy.

Myself being a Christian also as its advantages, since God is working aswell, and I feel His hand over me. Dont think we are immune, we are humans ahaha.

Well, apart from occasional mid-night wakenings gasping for air, ive been doing fairly fine during the day. My only struggle comes at night, but i hope its soon taken care of.

Hope you liked and make use of some of the advice given, if it suits you

Joel

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: kervan
Dawn52 (08-23-2011), sudhirmercy (11-01-2011), wise53 (10-03-2011)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kervan For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (04-28-2012), Foxhound86 (06-25-2011), GeoffM (10-28-2011), imaworkinonit (02-06-2012), JKLivin (05-08-2012), jlprizm (09-23-2011), Momwithanxiety (10-23-2012), ohiogirl1 (08-13-2011), Paddy55 (09-18-2011), Rosemarys48 (07-22-2011), slimtee (09-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
(male)

kervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB User
Re: Some nice Tips for Anxiety

UPDATE [2011-08]: I've been fortunate to say the night terrors/gasping for air waking during the night are rare now. In as little as 2-2.5 months I've controlled and dealt with my anxiety, which is a testimony for you guys out there. Many of you are struggling with it on a yearly basis, which I can't imagine, but sympathize with. Keep going on strong and doing inner-therapy. Pills mask the problem, they do not solve it, as some psychiatrists make us believe.

Again, I compiled a list of things for you to do in order to progressively get better with your inner self and to deflect the attention of your condition. The bold things were the ones I found worked the best for me:

- Listen to uplifting albums and songs, with good meaning lyrics. Watch comedy movies. If possible do it with friends;
- Do volunteer work;
- Start new hobbies, new activities. Be curious about something you always wanted to do or try;
- Start a journal!
- Rewire the brain: anxiety pretends you have it all, so pretend you have nothing at all;
- Keep friends close (again);
- Exercise and nutrition;
- Enough introspection, reserve all this to the journal!

Take care

Joel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kervan For This Useful Post:
JoAnn15 (09-06-2011), mema1 (08-24-2011), Paddy55 (09-18-2011), piscesb (08-21-2011), vdsuan (10-20-2011)
Closed Thread