It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Tips Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
(male)

Anxious Genius HB User
Anxiety Help, Identification, and Triggers

I do not want to carry on about my problems because I know it is a human condition. People go through these problems and I want to share my experience and how I see this condition.

After high school, I turned 18. I went to my local college but as time went on, I began to suffer panic attacks and depressive symptoms. I could not enjoy things and feel good about life. I felt like I was in a nightmare that was not fair. i felt so cheated and I began to obsess over my issues and I did not know how to cope. I began to think differently at home and have obsessive thoughts about family.

Eventually, I went on medication for the first time and tonight as I am typing this I now realize that many mental conditions come into existence around early adulthood. and I hated that I was going through this issue that many others do. The medication restored my feeling of balance but I still felt strange on it.

But I gained a respect for the medicine because it let me deal with life again and I was able to enjoy things.

I know how it feels to feel like an alien around your family, friends, and like what you had is forever lost in your new mind. It really is not the case. Anxiety happens to be a learned behavioral disorder. Anxious people are not capable of dealing with stressors effectively so anxiety begins to biologically manifest itself in a harmful way. Biologically the stress hormones kick in, depression can set in, and there you have it; a diagnosis at a doctors office saying what you already know. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF MEDICATION. It is a tough condition that needs to be treated with concern. Go to therapy, get medication, and you will eventually feel free of what you used to feel trapped in. Don't fear it, it is a real condition that needs real treatment.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anxious Genius For This Useful Post:
brockleman87 (10-16-2012), Cleocat (10-15-2012), hreneaw (10-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread