It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

monkyfunky HB User
Tight neck, shoulder and head muscles

I have really stiff muscles in my shoulder and especially in my neck and face and the top of my head. I think this is due to my constant anxiety.

Does anyone else suffer from this? It's really quite bad and stretching doesn't seem to help.

Old 12-01-2003, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Tight neck, shoulder and head muscles

Yes, I did suffer from that.
I asked my Doctor about it and he said it's a very common thing amoung panic disorder sufferers.

I found relief going to a chiropractor and also my husband would rub my neck, shoulders and back, that helped a lot to.

I don't have the attacks anymore and I very rarely if ever get those tight muscles now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 11:55 AM   #3
(male)

chriscwharris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyfunky
I have really stiff muscles in my shoulder and especially in my neck and face and the top of my head. I think this is due to my constant anxiety.

Does anyone else suffer from this? It's really quite bad and stretching doesn't seem to help.
I've also been getting really tight and painfull shoulder and neck muscles recently. The pain even radiates down the arm and up the neck into the skull area. It's Not very nice, I have to keep making myself stop hunching my shoulders when I sit at my desk.

Last edited by chriscwharris; 12-02-2003 at 11:56 AM.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User

All those are the result of stress. I recently did a med change & in between was so stressed that my neck & shoulders got so tight, that they are now in spasm & I can hardly turn my head either way.

Old 12-04-2003, 02:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I Also agree....I see a chiropractor for my neck and everywhere else pain. can you set up an appointment for a massage, or even accupuncture will help.

There is a book called self massage for neck and body. What about body rolling with balls...that's kind of neat. I'll have to look for the names and post them if you're interested.

Hey, have you ever tried foot/hand/ear reflexology? Yeeeeeowwww! Painful, but oh it feels so good afterward. Maybe that would be a good way for you to relax?

My muscles are always tight...
I've had lung surgery for a collapsed lung, and I remember my surgeon saying to me that I was muscle bound. I replied blushingly (I'm female, slight of build but at that time in good condition with muscles from horseback riding), THANK YOU!
He responded by saying, "Not that, it means your muscles are really, really tight!"
Oh well, I knew it wasn't true!

Some people are just that way, and stress and posture and typing on the computer for hours can make it worse.

My husband is good at massaging, thankfully.

I hope you get relief soon,
quincy

Old 12-04-2003, 04:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

(I'm female, slight of build but at that time in good condition with muscles from horseback riding),

hey quincy,
we have spoken before in some other posts, i just wanted to give a shout out to another horse lover.. i am a riding instructor myself. talk about stress, teaching little kids how to ride a 1200lbs animal...wheeeeewww, sorry this is off the subject.....

Old 12-05-2003, 05:47 AM   #7

im_a_jersey_girl HB User

I have the same thing. Had it all summer..it was the most stressful time in my life...saw a chiropractor who REALLY helped....Paxil CR also helped a bit..now stress is back, and so is the achy, tight feeelings in my head and neck.

Stress can affect you in SO SO many countless ways...we all just have to do our best to cope

CAthi

Old 12-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User

I have had this it comes and goes a massage or hot bath helps sometimes.

Old 12-06-2003, 09:25 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hey nyxin,

I left you a response in the bowel forum. So, that's your business you have? How wonderful!! I haven't ridden for so long...it's expensive! And if I just go once, I'll want to go again and again. I should reconsider in the Spring, oh the freedom and sense of peace I got when I rode. Wonderful memories!

Teaching kids to ride, wow, as frustrating as it may be at times, it must be thoroughly rewarding for you when they start to get the connection.

What a great profession!

Bye for now,
Hope you're resting and feeling better today.

quincy

Closed Thread