It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 11:26 PM   #1

beebsqtip HB User
foggy headed

Hello,

This is my new symtpom for the week. Well, I had this for a couple of weeks. My head always feels foggy. Can't think, feels like i'm always dreaming. Things are not clear. Sometimes it almost feels like pressure in my head. I feel like I can't snap out of it. I always feel tired but, this just contributes to it. Anywas anybody ever get like this. The other thing I just noticed is that exspecially when writing or typing I forget to add words letters etc. This is usually the stuff I know ahead of time how to spell or what I am about to write but I would forget to put whole words in sentences. Is this normal? Just don't want to feel alone in this. If you know what I mean!
-I'm a nut!

Last edited by beebsqtip; 02-13-2004 at 11:30 PM.

Old 02-14-2004, 02:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: foggy headed

Short term memory loss is a side effect of taking AD meds. It sounds like that is what you are experiencing. I get that a lot! Forget how to spell common words, forget things I know that I KNOW, but can't pull it out of the fog in my brain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 08:45 AM   #3
(male)

Lectus HB User

I've been having all of those symptoms and more for over a year, before I even began taking an AP (although the medication only seemed to aggravate the symptoms).

Old 02-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #4

HotNicks HB User

When I was in grade 9 I went through a very similar thing and it lasted for several months if I can recall correctly. I realized after it was gone that it was caused by anxiety. So many things were going on in my life at the time and it built up and that's how I began to feel!! It will go away, don't worry about it. Also, not just meds, but anxiety can affect your short-term memory, and your ability to concentrate!! Trust me I've been there

Old 02-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
Inactive

Fighter HB User

beebsqtip, This is my prison....you explained what I am constantly experiencing, only it's been for the last year...I know it sounds like forever and believe me it feels like it...there have been maybe 1 or 2 times that i only kinda snapped out of it for about a half hour each time....it's anxiety and depression I believe.....sometimes I feel like Im gonna just go insane because I cant stand it...anyway you're not alone....talk to ya later.
Fighter

Old 02-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
Veteran

KayT HB User

I felt that way today. I told my friend that my doc upped me to 20mg of Xanax instead of 2mg...........and she stopped me to clarify........:-)

I say the wrong words, like I told my son the other day to "knock the shoes off his snow" or I try to call someone the wrong name, blank out on a phone number that I have dialed many times before.............I have done this when on and off anxiety meds.......

Know that you're not alone and it does get better,

Kaytee:-)

Old 02-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #7

beebsqtip HB User

Thanks for replying.
I'm not taking any meds. So if I am not this is most likely due to my anxiety & depression.?

Old 02-15-2004, 05:59 AM   #8

angel30 HB User

hi, believe me you are not alone, I'm experiencing this for almost one year, and the foggy head is just one of my symptoms. They say its anxiety, but sometimes I still doubt that. Everything came out of the blue, I just woke up one day feeling dizzy and foggy, and my nightmare started. Sometimes I even have the feeling that Iím not myself and I cannot even remember how I used to be. Some days are bearable some are just awful. I just hope that one day will be only a bed memory. Good luck to you all.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:22 PM   #9

beebsqtip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel30
hi, believe me you are not alone, I'm experiencing this for almost one year, and the foggy head is just one of my symptoms. They say its anxiety, but sometimes I still doubt that. Everything came out of the blue, I just woke up one day feeling dizzy and foggy, and my nightmare started. Sometimes I even have the feeling that Iím not myself and I cannot even remember how I used to be. Some days are bearable some are just awful. I just hope that one day will be only a bed memory. Good luck to you all.
I'm glad I am not alone in this. Not that I'm glad u r going through this too. I just hate feeling like knowone understands out there. People will listen but, its hard for them to relate.

Old 03-05-2004, 08:53 AM   #10

mandi-deg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebsqtip
Hello,

This is my new symtpom for the week. Well, I had this for a couple of weeks. My head always feels foggy. Can't think, feels like i'm always dreaming. Things are not clear. Sometimes it almost feels like pressure in my head. I feel like I can't snap out of it. I always feel tired but, this just contributes to it. Anywas anybody ever get like this. The other thing I just noticed is that exspecially when writing or typing I forget to add words letters etc. This is usually the stuff I know ahead of time how to spell or what I am about to write but I would forget to put whole words in sentences. Is this normal? Just don't want to feel alone in this. If you know what I mean!
-I'm a nut!
I know what you mean. Yesterday I felt extrememly tired and out of it. I went to my moms and I forgot her dogs' name. That really freaked me out thinking I am losing it. I didnt think i could stay awake or focus. I felt very absent minded. I have anxiety, am extremely bored, and I eat really poor. I am thinking I need to get more nutrition because I know poor nutrition can cause those kind of things. I am not on any meds. I too am curious about what others have to say. Could this be more due to poor nutrition? Any replies would be appreciated.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:54 AM   #11
(male)

GodChaser777 HB User

Could this be derealization?

Old 03-06-2004, 08:24 PM   #12

mandi-deg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodChaser777
Could this be derealization?
What is derealization? It comes and goes. Like earlier I was really tired and I drank some water and snapped out of it. I cleaned my house and went to the store quick and once I got home it started again. I just get so tired and I feel like I cant think straight. Can this be part of my anxiety? I know I am a worry wart and I worry excessively. Is this all a part of it?

Old 03-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #13

Jordie HB User

I get this a lot too. It's worse when I'm thinking I've got some dreadful disease, therefore my mind is totally occupied and diverted from general every day things.
ie: If I have breathing problems, I'll start thinking my lungs aren't working, my mind will keep popping up the 'cancer' sign, and I'll feel more spacey and out of it than usual. Therefore, methods to 'clear the mind' would be beneficial for this, such as Yoga, meditation, walking.

Another thing I am going to try, is the Liver Cleansing Diet, by Dr Sandra Cabbott. It's an 8 week program - it centres around only eating fresh ingredients, no preservatives or nasty additives, no red meat (that bit will be hard). But you can eat fish, chicken, and loads of vegies. If you read the book, you will learn that the liver is the largest organ in the body and when not functioning at it's optimum level, you can experience: dizziness, fatigue, bad breath, excessive body heat, lack of concentration etc. The book makes heaps of sense, I am curious to see if it helps my anxiety.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:19 PM   #14

mandi-deg HB User
Re: ***** headed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordie
I get this a lot too. It's worse when I'm thinking I've got some dreadful disease, therefore my mind is totally occupied and diverted from general every day things.
ie: If I have breathing problems, I'll start thinking my lungs aren't working, my mind will keep popping up the 'cancer' sign, and I'll feel more spacey and out of it than usual. Therefore, methods to 'clear the mind' would be beneficial for this, such as Yoga, meditation, walking.

Another thing I am going to try, is the Liver Cleansing Diet, by Dr Sandra Cabbott. It's an 8 week program - it centres around only eating fresh ingredients, no preservatives or nasty additives, no red meat (that bit will be hard). But you can eat fish, chicken, and loads of vegies. If you read the book, you will learn that the liver is the largest organ in the body and when not functioning at it's optimum level, you can experience: dizziness, fatigue, bad breath, excessive body heat, lack of concentration etc. The book makes heaps of sense, I am curious to see if it helps my anxiety.
do you get out of it even when not worrying about it? This is really starting to bring me down. I feel like I am going crazy. Do yuou think this could be due to poor nutrition? I eat very poorly and I am sure if your brain doesnt have all it needs it acts in different ways. Juat curious. Let me know what you think.

Old 03-10-2004, 02:46 AM   #15

Jordie HB User
Re: ***** headed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi-deg
do you get out of it even when not worrying about it? This is really starting to bring me down. I feel like I am going crazy. Do yuou think this could be due to poor nutrition? I eat very poorly and I am sure if your brain doesnt have all it needs it acts in different ways. Juat curious. Let me know what you think.
Yes, I don't have to be thinking about anything to feel spacey. But it is worse when I've got diseases on my mind.

I think poor nutrition would definitely not be helping the situation. Is there a reason you eat poorly. Perhaps see a naturopath would be great for you. I would also recommend getting hold of the liver cleansing diet. In the book, it says that one of the symptoms of an unhealthy liver is "BRAIN FOG". I think it's worth a try. It doesn't mean that your liver is really bad if you have these symptoms, but it does say that cleansing the liver will definitely make a difference to your well being.

Closed Thread