It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 11:50 AM   #1

shanrocks HB User
Weird feelings in tongue?

For the past few weeks, my tongue has felt very strange. It's not a numbness, but similar to that. I have also been having a ton of pressure on my chest and back and pain in left arm. Of course I started having anxiety because I constantly think I am having a heart attack. I went to a cardiologist who ran tons of blood test, did an EKG, ECG, and a stress test with an ECG and they all came out normal.

I am a thirty year old female who doesn't smoke, barely drinks, and is a bit overweight. Has anyone else had these symptoms or fears as a result of excess anxiety and stress? I am petrified I am going to keel over from a massive heart attack. Help!

Old 02-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #2
(female)

murph6 HB User
Re: Weird feelings in tongue?

hi! i get a weird feeling of the tounge to,not very often mine all started with fluid in the ear i felt a weird sensation just that something wasnt right,numbness in my left arm,burning across the forehead, i thought i was having a heart attack or stroke went to er he said all is caused from ear and anxity that was 2 months ago my ear is all cleared but still has get different symptom all the time numbness of the lips, still not feeling right also the tounge sensation,nausea. its a pain but docter said anxity hope hes right cause this feeling does scare you im 34 . my docter didnt prescribe no medicin yet she thinks it will go away on its own. when i think about it the symptoms are worse but really hard not to think about it.. good luck and try to relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to shanrocks

its probably all from anxiety, try some valium for say 2 weeks which will relax your muscles and see if this stops the problems

Old 02-18-2004, 09:38 PM   #4
(female)

kaley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanrocks
For the past few weeks, my tongue has felt very strange. It's not a numbness, but similar to that. I have also been having a ton of pressure on my chest and back and pain in left arm. Of course I started having anxiety because I constantly think I am having a heart attack. I went to a cardiologist who ran tons of blood test, did an EKG, ECG, and a stress test with an ECG and they all came out normal.

I am a thirty year old female who doesn't smoke, barely drinks, and is a bit overweight. Has anyone else had these symptoms or fears as a result of excess anxiety and stress? I am petrified I am going to keel over from a massive heart attack. Help!
Shanrocks,
I feel like that everyday of my life....I constantly think that I am going to have a heart attack also....tons of pressure through my chest and head. It is all anxiety....untill we can completely believe that I feel that we will always have these strange symptoms....I also have weird heart like flutters...it always scares the hell out of me and then I think about it constantly and it seems to get worse....ativan does help!! Feel free to talk anytime...I always need reassurance also!
Kaley

Old 02-19-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Hi,
I started getting a tingling feeling in my tongue yesterday. I often have face and head tingling, but this is the first time I've had this feeling in my tongue.
I used to suffer from constant chest pressure, as well. Once I started taking a magnesium supplement it went away for awhile, but it is now back and worse than ever(along with severe head pressure, too). I'm only 24 so I know it is very unlikely for me to have a heart attack any time soon, but as soon as that pressure hits(along with left arm weakness) I really start to panic.

Anxiety symptoms are very frusterating. I can definatly relate. I hope you feel better soon. Hilery

Closed Thread