It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 02:04 PM   #1

zzzzlady HB User
Xanax extended release

Does anyone have experience using the extended release version of xanax? My doc is changing me from my normal dose over to the extended release so that it wont leave my system so quick. I dont want to up my normal dosage so we're gonna try the extended release form so that it'll last longer.

Any experience or thoughts ? Does it work? Do you remain calm for the full 24 hour period?? What's the best time of day to take it? a.m or p.m. ?

thanks

Old 03-11-2004, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Xanax extended release

it sounds useful but isnt yet available everywhere, ask a pharmacist how long a dose is supposed to last
is XR much more expensive than the ordinary xanax?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

chill200 HB User

I dont know. I haven't gotten the prescription filled yet. I'll let you know as soon as I get it filled. I was hoping to hear some experience stories before I moved forward with it. I'm always reluctant about starting new meds.

My doc seems to think it's a good option for me since I am always so reluctant to take the meds. I'm sure he finds me to be one of his most challenging patients. I'm suppose to be taking my normal xanax twice per day. 1mg a.m. and 1mg p.m. But right now i'm only taking the afternoon dosage of 1mg. I am a walking anxiety filled panic box during the morning hours so i'm hoping 1mg extended release will work all day long.

I'll let you know !

Old 03-11-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
Veteran

KayT HB User

My pharmacist advised me that Xanax XR does not come in Generic versions so they don't sell that much of it..............also it doesn't come in doses lower then .5mg.........so tapering off it you either have to switch back to the regular or do it .5mg at a time..............

I take 2mg per day and I like the XR better then the regular Xanax..........it doesn't seem to drop me like the regular Xanax did........it seems smoother...........

Old 03-12-2004, 05:47 AM   #5
(female)

chill200 HB User

Thank you ! That's what I'm hoping for. Unfortunately I can't get the prescription refilled until the 23rd of this month. My pharmacy won't refill until 30 days has passed from the last refill. I guess it's the law because xanax is a controlled substance.

Closed Thread