It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
Inactive

sabrinarose HB User
Please help,I always feel like Im going to pass out

Im a nineteen year old female with no health problems at all but I think I may have anxiety.Every once in a while (sometimes I get it once a week,sometimes once a month,sometimes it will dissapear for a month) I get a feeling like Im not real,like Im not connected to anything around me.I'll be doing something and all of a sudden it will all just seem different,like Im seeing it from a different perspective that no on else sees it from,its really hard to explain it to anyone.Ill also feel weak,like I about to pass out,my whole body feels different and I have a hard time focusing on things,concentrating on them.Sometimes these feelings will hit me out of no where and other times I will just feel weird for a night,I have a hard time concentrating on things people say and I have the feeling that I need to get outside in the colder air cuz I feel like theres not enough air in the room,same with a vehicle,I have to have the window down so I have enough air.I also seem to feel a bit better when I have something cold on me,especially my stomach.Does anyone esle do that with the cold? My heart will also start to beat really fast and if I out my hand on my chests I can feel my heart beat.I try to calm myself down by taking deep breaths but they make me feel kinda light headed.I also feel like Im not getting enough air.Annother thing is that I always feel like I have to go the bathroom,my stomaches weird cuz I dont ever actually have to go.I hate being so panicky,when Im in a bad situation,an extremely situation,I feel weak and my heart beats so dam fast that I think Im going to have a heart attack.I always look things up on the net,like for instance,I had a panic attack the other day and I thought I had deadly sunstroke or that maybe I had diabetes and that I would go into an insulin coma or maybe it was a heart attack,the worrying doesnt stop!!

Is this anxiety? I never thought I was a stressed out person but maybe Iam,I have a stressful life and I always thought I could handle it well but maybe I just repress everything.

I dont want to go on meds,Im scared of meds,but is that my only option?

What should I do and SAY to myself when Im getting an attack? I need some good advice for this one.

Please reply,I hate feeling like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2004, 11:36 PM   #2

r3dn3ck HB User
Re: Please help,I always feel like Im going to pass out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinarose
Im a nineteen year old female with no health problems at all but I think I may have anxiety.Every once in a while (sometimes I get it once a week,sometimes once a month,sometimes it will dissapear for a month) I get a feeling like Im not real,like Im not connected to anything around me.I'll be doing something and all of a sudden it will all just seem different,like Im seeing it from a different perspective that no on else sees it from,its really hard to explain it to anyone.Ill also feel weak,like I about to pass out,my whole body feels different and I have a hard time focusing on things,concentrating on them.Sometimes these feelings will hit me out of no where and other times I will just feel weird for a night,I have a hard time concentrating on things people say and I have the feeling that I need to get outside in the colder air cuz I feel like theres not enough air in the room,same with a vehicle,I have to have the window down so I have enough air.I also seem to feel a bit better when I have something cold on me,especially my stomach.Does anyone esle do that with the cold? My heart will also start to beat really fast and if I out my hand on my chests I can feel my heart beat.I try to calm myself down by taking deep breaths but they make me feel kinda light headed.I also feel like Im not getting enough air.Annother thing is that I always feel like I have to go the bathroom,my stomaches weird cuz I dont ever actually have to go.I hate being so panicky,when Im in a bad situation,an extremely situation,I feel weak and my heart beats so dam fast that I think Im going to have a heart attack.I always look things up on the net,like for instance,I had a panic attack the other day and I thought I had deadly sunstroke or that maybe I had diabetes and that I would go into an insulin coma or maybe it was a heart attack,the worrying doesnt stop!!

Is this anxiety? I never thought I was a stressed out person but maybe Iam,I have a stressful life and I always thought I could handle it well but maybe I just repress everything.

I dont want to go on meds,Im scared of meds,but is that my only option?

What should I do and SAY to myself when Im getting an attack? I need some good advice for this one.

Please reply,I hate feeling like this.
i too have had them type of attacks. and boy oh boy, where they ever worse, before i had my gall bladder removed..because with every pain, nick or scrape on you, your mind will tell you that your gonna go...in which your not..i too am afraid of meds..especially when it deals with the brain, because alot of meds just mask the problem, and really don't fix it..like Xanax, because you constantly gotta take it, to keep from feeling like that..and all xanax does to me is make me sleepy..i guess, when you sleep, you have no anxiety...but, your not alone whatsoever. meditating really works..just sit in a quiet room, with a soft lamp on, and close your eyes, and just imagine yourself, exactly how you where before all of this happened. i had a bad experience with drugs, and it caused all my grief, but that is something i gotta take care of myself..but, i'm trying to stay away from the meds as much as possible, because i would much rather try and fight this, than mask it...that is just my opinion....god bless

Old 05-30-2004, 02:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Please help,I always feel like Im going to pass out

to sabrina. yes it all sounds like anxiety, learn how to relax, also you seem to be getting depersonalisation, look this up on the net
when anxious or panicky, relax, dont tense up or fight back, just breathe deep and slow and wait a while

you could get doc to do some tests and look for other things such as thyroid or low blood sugar

Closed Thread