It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 03:14 PM   #1
(male)

Sickman HB User
Smile Junglemonkey some possible info

Dear Junglemonkey,
I read you worst problem with panic disorder in the "poll" and found it to be stomach problems. Have you tried "Carafate"? It is a medication that coats your stomach and intestines and binds itself to bile. It also promotes healing of possible sores and such. Bile reflux is common to panic attacks and I have it. This medication is safe and weights down the bile and helps the flow of the bowel for this and also IBS problems. It is not really absorbed by the body so it can affect your medication dosage slightly so you need to discuss timing on taking it versa medication if you take any with your Doctor. If you have not tried this it may be the answer you are looking for. Ask you Doctor about it, very few ever think about using it althogh it is commonly used with pregnant women because it is considered safe. Just a thought

Sincerely,

Sickman

Old 07-13-2004, 02:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

junglemonkey HB User
Re: Junglemonkey some possible info

Thanks for the post lol!

I'm actually not sure if I have tried it. Before my doctors FINALLY realised i was having an anxiety problem, they prescribed drug after drug for stomach problems and I can only remember two. Colofac and Motillium. Were there any side effects?

I am currently trying out hypnosis but I'll do some research on the drug (I am a bit drug phobic). If the hypnosis fails I will ask about it!

Thanks again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
(male)

Sickman HB User
Smile Re: Junglemonkey some possible info

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemonkey
Thanks for the post lol!

I'm actually not sure if I have tried it. Before my doctors FINALLY realised i was having an anxiety problem, they prescribed drug after drug for stomach problems and I can only remember two. Colofac and Motillium. Were there any side effects?

I am currently trying out hypnosis but I'll do some research on the drug (I am a bit drug phobic). If the hypnosis fails I will ask about it!

Thanks again
Dear junglemonkey,
Good luck with the hypnosis. This medication is no more then a stomach coating medicine like and ant-acid, except it coats a weights down the bile that causes sick stomach problems common to anxiety. There are no side effects other then minor lowering of other medication absorbtion, if that.
Good luck

Sincerely,

Sickman

Closed Thread