It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Orgasm question

I recently had sex. I suffer from PTSD. I have anxiety with it and had alot of panic attacks in the near past. I've read Dr. Weekes book and it helped alot by trying not to pay attention to the body symptoms, they will eventually go away. I was just wondering, when do they go away? I had sex with my boyfriend today after not having sex for at least 4 months due to the way I was feeling, etc. I noticed upon orgasm, that my muscles were really stressed, I was wobbly at the legs, and my muscles were twitching and having like nerve or muscle spasms. I felt weak on my legs for a bit after and I still feel slight trembling. I didn't take a Xanax, trying to only take it when I get real bad and that is usually every 4 to 5 days, I take just a pinch just to calm some down. Anyone else experience this?

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #2

vicki.j HB User
Re: Orgasm question

Hey Andrea, it sounds fairly normal. Thankfully I experienced feelings like this before I started suffering from anxiety attacks otherwise I could imagine it would bring one on. I start to get the anxiety tingles whenever I start to feel "not normal". I would probably encourage more of it. Sex is a wonderful way to release stress and tension and get all the good bugs moving. Just wish I had more of it...lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 09:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Andrea, I agree with vicki...I think those symptoms are normal. I've experienced muscle twitches/trembling and weakness in my legs after sex occasionally, too. These symptoms can come on anytime you work muscles that haven't been used in awhile. It's nothing to worry about.
Hilery

Old 07-13-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

It was happening in my eye too, twitching away, I felt weak and shakey, even internally. I'm just wondering after going to therapy for 3 months now, bringing up the two past gang rapes that happened to me while I was a teenager, maybe in the back of my mind I was relating the orgasm to it?

So weird, never experienced this before that's why I came here to vent.

Andrea

Old 07-14-2004, 12:28 PM   #5

KShortie HB User
Cool Re: Orgasm question

I think you would have problems with sex regardless of whether you had anxiety/panic because of your past experiences. I'm so sorry that happened to you. You come across as a very loving, caring, intelligent person. A credit to you being strong in spite of adversity. Anxiety and panic won't keep you down forever. You have a strong spirit. You will rise. I use to have problems being intimate with my husband sometimes because my body is so hypersensitive to stimulation because of my anxiety. Just to be touched sometimes sent shivers all over me. My therapist taught me to try to turn this into a positive and enjoy it as sexual. Well that took some time (ha, ha). Many times my husband would reach out to touch me and just automatically I would push him away. It was just a reaction and I had to learn to control it. He had to be very patient with me. He used to tease me that it was like being married to a virgin all the time (ha, ha). Take care. God bless.

Closed Thread