It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 02:43 PM   #1
(male)

Soodle HB User
Suffering for way too long.

Am writing this as a very frustrated and worried person, coming to the end of my rope. I'm due to move abroad at the end of this month and feel so low. It started last year with a sudden, very low heart rate (48bpm). Since then my pulse races whenever I stand, do activity, take a bath, eat a large meal etc. It's like my heart's overeactive. I also get chest, throat and jaw pressure, shortness of breath (even when sat in a chair) and my face seems to be flushed a lot (Having said that I have always been rosey cheeked ever since I was a child). My vision is blurred and I also have vision disturbances. After numerous trips to A&E and cardio depts and after 4 ECG's, Echo-cardiogram, stress ECG, 24 hr ECG, chest X-ray and blood tests (not to mention a consultation with a top cardio man) the doc's reckon there's nothing wrong with my heart and that it's just anxiety. Trouble is, like so many people on this board I can't believe that that's all it is. I don't feel anxious and my symptoms are constant. I seriously feel like I'm going to crack up. Would take some anti anxiety meds but they just seem to work like prozac and my 'mood' isn't the problem - I don't feel anxious, just really bad symptoms which are getting me down (if it is anxiety it must be subconcious). Not sure what anyone can say to help, just needed to get this off my chest -writing on this board can be very cathartic.
How can anxiety make us feel so ill?
All the best.

Last edited by Soodle; 07-13-2004 at 03:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Suffering for way too long.

Hi there,
i know just how you feel. I have had every symptom in the book. It started years ago, but hard core, 5 months ago. I have had every test in the book as well. It is very frustrating. I am getting nowhere. The biggest problem for me, is that I don't believe that this is all anxiety. Here are my symptoms:

Wierd vision- I can't explain it
Lightheaded all the time. Worse when I stand up, or hang my head down.
Heart racing- for no reason, it beats so hard all the time. I feel and hear it in my head at night, and it drives me crazy!
When I turn my head, I get dizzy, and when I read sometimes.
Pressure behind my nose and temples at times.
I also have IBS, and had that for my whole life, before these lovley other things.

I am sure that there is so much more, I just get so sick thinking about it. I hate every day right now. I fear that I will never feel " NORMAL" again. I am 26 years old. I am taking paxil, but it really hasn't helped. I have been looking for answers for so long, I don't know what else to do.
Carrie

Closed Thread