It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
Inactive

GOLDBERG HB User
Unhappy My Times They Are A Changin'

I am under emense pressure. i have a job i really have to get finished so i can get it off my back & start a new building job elsewhere. i hate it where im working. i have a stress miagraine today. i feel awful. i feel so sick. im very araid. my randparents are very ill & wont live 2years at the best. im sure my randad who is nt well, just been relesed from hospital again will die very soo. my mother with whom i live has moved to look after them both. she is very stressed & has the stressed look upon her face. her hair is now going grey fast.my ather who is at home with me is also stressed, & eeling te pressure also. i come fro a very close family. i sufer from anxiety & depression. i relly on my family, especially my parents. i am dependent upon them. its bad i know especially at 29. i need support coz i just cant cope . thins get going in the right direction 7 i see independence 7 a life ahead of me, then wholop, it keeps etting taken away from me. im terefied at the prospect of losing my grandparents. im also petrified i will lose my perents to.i will be left alone. helpless, unwanted,unable to cope on my own. i know everyone faces death. at moment i dont feel strong. wish i could have a hug, cry7pull the blankets over my head make everything go away. it never does, just got to face things. i wish i could draw extra strength from somewhere to cope. im so scared.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
Inactive

fuelie_9 HB User
Re: My Times They Are A Changin'

i will give ya a hug nige just come to oz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
(male)

Sickman HB User
Smile Re: My Times They Are A Changin'

Dear Goldberg,
I can suggest one thing when I read your post. I was management in the Construction and Engineering field for over 20 years. If you want a life, go to work for a city, county, state or federal organization. The field of Construction and Engineering of Sitework or Buildings in the private sector will always put you in a crisiss situiation. You will always have impossible deadlines to make and Management does not care if they did not bid long enough and will actually tell you that you have less time then they allocated for the project. The bottom line is their only care. When you are management you will always have a boss above you pushing the work and if you go into your own business which I have you will really find out what hours are. I took the 28 years of work I did and added up the hours and divided by 40 hour weeks, then added it to my age at getting out of the service, 22. It came out to to 75 years of 40 hours weeks and I feel like the age it came out to be "97". I missed a lot and that is a question you must make for yourself. If I did it again I would only work 40 hours or close to it a week because being disabled and rather poor now I realize that I did not need only about a 3rd of the paycheck I was making and lost a lot of family time. You can't get it back, so think about it. I know this does not make you probably feel any better but life is to short to make your job your life. It is only a means to make enough money to enjoy the important things you have. Good luck my Friend.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Closed Thread