It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

lmtickell HB User
Starnge jittery feeling

I am not sure if this is where I should post this question. I am a 28 yr old female who is 24 weeks pregnant and have been having some serious anxiety and stress the last few weeks. I am physically feeling okay except the last 2 mornings when I wake up I feel like I have just had a pot of coffee! I feel jittery and shaky yet when I hold my hand out to see if it shakes it is completely still. Does anyone know if this may be a stress related symptom or a blood sugar issue or something? I am not sure where to look for answers. I usually feel fine after I have been awake for a bit and am up but waking up to that feeling is not comfortable. Any input would be great.
TIA,
Lisa

Old 07-13-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Starnge jittery feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtickell
I am not sure if this is where I should post this question. I am a 28 yr old female who is 24 weeks pregnant and have been having some serious anxiety and stress the last few weeks. I am physically feeling okay except the last 2 mornings when I wake up I feel like I have just had a pot of coffee! I feel jittery and shaky yet when I hold my hand out to see if it shakes it is completely still. Does anyone know if this may be a stress related symptom or a blood sugar issue or something? I am not sure where to look for answers. I usually feel fine after I have been awake for a bit and am up but waking up to that feeling is not comfortable. Any input would be great.
TIA,
Lisa
Yes, it could be a blood sugar issue and I would have that checked out. But it also can be just your hormones, that alone with give you anxeity and that jittery shaking feeling. I have it, had a child already, I'm 45 and in perimenopause.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 08:09 PM   #3

vicki.j HB User
Re: Starnge jittery feeling

I've got the shakes. That's how I explain it. I have lot's of moments when I feel jittery, they normally only last 10-15mins but I have had a couple of times where I felt jittery for a couple of hours. I try to keep a record of when this happens to see if I can see a pattern.
So far it seems to be worse if I haven't had engough sleep, if I drink caffine or when I know I have to go somewhere outside of my normal routine. I'm also seeing if it has anything to do with my cycle. Going back on the pill has certainly made things better.

Closed Thread