It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 03:48 AM   #1

pingpong HB User
Not alone in this...

Hi all, I'm new to this but have been reading your messages over the last few days as I have just been diagnosed with anxiety/panic attacks. To be honest I didn't believe him, I was convinced there was something phisically wrong, something major you know. Anyhow this sinus link is really interesting as I have suffered on & off for many years - throbbing head, in my face mainly & forehead but recently the back of my neck. Also my eyes seem to water continuously ? ..one of the better symptoms, feeling sickly often. At the moment I am sooo tired all the time I just feel exhausted, of course when you are tired it's hard to concentrate. My memory has always been poor but over the last 6 weeks say, short term is almost not there, the amount of times I have had to return to my house to make sure the door is actually locked is silly, I mean I know we all get that - did I lock the door feeling but I really do not have any memory of it & just HAVE to check, there is no option.

I first thought there was a serious problem when i had difficulty breathing, I mean I felt this pressure on my chest & my throat just didn't seem to be open enough, I couldn't take a full breath & when things were getting worse I didn't have enough breath to speak. It's enough to make anyone panic ! It's just like you have all been describing, amazing & it's really helped as I have felt like I'm going mad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

ssborrow HB User
Re: Not alone in this...

I have had that feeling that my throat is closing up too. Of course, when I take a deep breath air is getting in, so I know its just a sensation now. I too sometimes don't even like to talk because I am so preoccupied with the feeling in my throat. I also didn't believe my doctors. I have been having symptoms for 3 years. The last thing I thought I had was perimenapause. I had the dr. take my hormone levels, but they were nomal. Argh. I almost wish that was what it was so I would know there would be an end. It's nice not to feel like you're the only one this happens to. This is definately a LONELY disease!

Old 07-17-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Veteran

monarchangel HB User

wow that is interesting. I just started having trouble with my sinuses a few years ago. I kept getting sinus infections that would really knock me out. My doctor told me I had anxiety too, but to be honest, I don't know if I have ever had a panic attack before. I have this really spacey feeling in my head that she told me was from panic. I can't believe how many people can connect sinuses to anxiety. i think most doctors label it as anxiety because they don;t know how to really treat sinus problems. I just started acupuncture to try and help me because I am at the end of my ropes, but I'll let you guys know how it goes in case you want to look into it.

Old 07-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Hi everyone,
I have has sinus pressure and throbbing in my head for 5 months now, and at first, my doctor thought that it was a sinus infection, but now he said it must be anxiety. What are all of your other symptoms?
Carrie

Old 07-19-2004, 09:45 AM   #5

CaptainUtah HB User

strangely enough Ive had sinus problems the past few years and have always been suspicious of it when I suddenly turned up with dizzziness and major anxiety. now Im tired and have low energy all the time it seems. No docs have been able to tell me anything and all their tests normal.... I feel spaced out ALL the time and just plain not right in the head. and it's just on the one side that my sinus has probs and Ive noticed it affects my ear on that side as well.... weird but all I know is Im frequently on the verge of insanity it seems because of all the anxiety and whatever else. I barely seem to function like im a prisoner. anyway jsut thought id throw a very quick version of my story in there. wish you all the best and would like to talk mor to anyone who has these similar things. bye. Utah

Old 07-19-2004, 11:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

I had no idea that other people here had similar symptoms.I have had all of the inner ear testing, and it all comes back normal.!
Carrie

Old 07-20-2004, 01:01 AM   #7

pingpong HB User

I am going to have my 1st consultation with an alternative therapist later today & hope that she can get my "positive energy" flowing in the right direction for a change ! Right now I could do with a good massage as my neck & shoulder is sore with tension. It seems there is a never ending list of symptoms but I shall just try to concentrate on the ones that are bothering me & hope the rest don't build up or get much worse, I can see how this thing could & does (judging by a lot of posts) really take a hold of you.

I am looking forward to the consultation & whatever is suggested whether it be acupuncture (which is something I have never tried) or reflexology or several things & hope it doesn't break the bank ! I will let you know how it goes.

How did you get on monarchangel ?

Old 07-21-2004, 12:05 AM   #8
(female)

CDA HB User

Im glad I found this.... I have been back to the Doctor on and off for months now, feeling dizzy, light headed, heavy in the head etc and also diarrohea.. currently my head feels heavy my ears feel blocked and my teeth are also feeling weird and I have had every blood test taken and everything comes back fine and all the Doctors keep saying anxiety!! however today someone suggested sinus as I have had the flu twice badly in the last 4-6 weeks where I am really blocked up any my eyes running.... so I am wondering if maybe they are right. This is really effecting my life, I have a wonderful family, job etc and have no problems (apart from this) so I did not think it would be anxiety, I am even to scared to go to the supermarket as I am worried about passing out and I am also very tired, I could sleep all day if I was able to. I hope this helps!!

Old 07-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #9
Veteran

monarchangel HB User

WOW. I can not believe this. That is exactly what happened to me and I really wish I left my doctor a lon time ago. I am lightheaed and all that stuff you said and I can totally identify with what you are saying about being afrais to go anywhere because it really makes you feel like you are going to pass out. You know what breaks my heart is that so many many doctors diagnos symptoms of anxiety. I had never known what anxiety or panic attacks were until my doctor told me and I am just so mad at myself for believing her. It has really ruined my life because I feel like I am going crazy. I kept telling myself it was anxiety but in my heart I'm not convinced. See, I experience these symptoms 24/7 and I just don't think anxiety would be 24/7. I am wondering if you guys feel it 24/7. As a last resort, I just started seeing an acupuncturist who told me i did have a lot of blockage in my sinuses. Of course, I don't know if she just wanted my money b/ it is real expensive. Today was my 3rd time and I don't really feel different yet but I am going to give it time. It is really so much money that I can't affords, but if it gives me my life and my sanity back, then it's worth the debt. I just really want to thank you guys for responding because it helps me so much to know there are so many others who experience this. Next time my doctor tells me to take a yoga class or a bath, I 'm going to tell her to take a hike. . .

Old 07-22-2004, 12:50 AM   #10

pingpong HB User

I had my 1st visit to acupuncturist a few days ago (see my post), but she did say I am suffering with anxiety & tension throughout my body which is blocked & that she will be able to release it (can't wait !) My symptems are not apparent 24/7 but as soon as I get into my car to set off for work - here we go again - although I have had trouble sleeping over the last week, which is just what I need being so knackered.

I know what you mean about the cost though, I didn't ask how much it cost beforehand as I thought it might put me off & like you, I am desperate for some sort of relief. I get pain in my knees also (tension in the tendons ?) & they are killing me this morning so I hope she did't make it worse.

Closed Thread