It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #1

chrislint3521 HB User
Question Does anyone have tremors as a symptom?

My hands shake really bad and sometimes my my body like when I'm exercising. I've been told it's stress/anxiety. I have muscle aches and headaches as well. The Dr. gave me Zoloft but I haven't taken it. Anyone that has input would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User
Re: Does anyone have tremors as a symptom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislint3521
My hands shake really bad and sometimes my my body like when I'm exercising. I've been told it's stress/anxiety. I have muscle aches and headaches as well. The Dr. gave me Zoloft but I haven't taken it. Anyone that has input would be great!
Zoloft is an SSri, which can be too stimulating for some(serotonin is an excitatory neurotransmitter) so I don't think it would be good for shaking. You could have anxiety....but I would get a complete physical to rule out any health disorders in case. Low blood sugar and thyroid problems could be mistaken as anxiety from what I've heard. You could just simply be stressed out too; that may take some adjusting of lifestyle, staying away from drugs, cigs and alcohol is a given.

Just to let you know, my son used to be a personal trainer and he said shaking during or after exercise is actually normal...in fact, the harder one trains the more shakey you can get.

But make sure that it isn't blood sugar or something like that anyway, a physical never hurts!

Even people without blood sugar problems will shake, become dizzy and have headaches if they go too long without eating or if they eat too little, so make sure you aren't doing that, especially if you are active and young, your body needs nutrition and energy most at that time.

Last edited by Jennita; 07-15-2004 at 12:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User
Re: Does anyone have tremors as a symptom?

My leg muscles will sometimes twitch and jerk after exercising and even when trying to get to sleep at night. One thing I can say for sure, I was put on Zoloft for depression and it got worse to the point where I could not get to sleep. I had to quit the Zoloft and it got better. I have a problem with stress and anxiety and the Zoloft definitely increase that symptom.

Closed Thread