It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #1

ASHEA HB User
Question why do my ears hurt????

WHY od ionly panic at night and why do my ears feel stuffy if anyone knows could you please let me know,,,,,ASHLEA

Old 07-17-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: why do my ears hurt????

I'm not a Doctor but I would think your panic is worse at night because you have nothing else to keep your mind busy...during the day you have things to think about like work or school and night your mind and body are slowing down so you dwell on every little thing and you have time to worry and think about it causing you to panic.

As for your ears, that could be any number of things...sinuses, ear infection, fluid in your ears or allergies.

I have something called ETD and my ears feel stuffy and full alot of the time.
I'm not trying to worry you more and make you think you have ETD...it's not anything serious though.

Like I said I'm not a Doctor, this is just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #3

Silverlining HB User

Mine feel stuffy when my allergies are acting up. I use generic sudafed, which seems to help. Mine also hurt a little from tightening/clenching my jaw, which started after I started taking an AD.

Old 07-17-2004, 08:19 PM   #4

mom4evermore HB User

Hmmm, now you have me wondering too. I also get stuffy ears, and I have earaches every single day! Serious, I do!! My Dr. can't find anything wrong with my ears. (no infections) The pain comes and goes, all day long. Huh, wonder if it's sort of like having a muscle spasm, from the anxiety attacks? Maybe our ears spasm too. {????????}

*mom4evermore*

Old 07-17-2004, 08:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Ashlea,

Are you getting any dizziness with this?

Cheers.......Scott

Old 07-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #6

ASHEA HB User

Yes i am its not something bad is it??

Old 07-18-2004, 03:46 PM   #7

ASHEA HB User
Red face Re: why do my ears hurt????

Yes i do is it something serious...

Old 07-18-2004, 05:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Hi Scotsman, haven't talked to you in a while, how are you feeling?

Ashea...... I have had the following symptoms for the last 5 months....every day..

dizzy and lightheaded all day, every day
head fullness
focusing problems
jaw clenching
pulsing in my head
pressure in my nose at times
so much more, I just can't think of them right now

I am still looking for a doctor to diagnose me with something.....anyhting. I am currently taking paxil 20mg, and it does nothing. I don't know if you have any of the same problems, but alot of here do. I will admit that I have anxiety for sure, but I do think that there is something else going on.

Carrie

Old 07-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Carrie,

Not too bad thanks. I've recently had a "blip" though following a cold and then a cold sore. The cold sore really knocked me around again, increasing the dizzies, vertigo and now anxiety. Had to up the meds slightly to try and stamp it out. It's working but still feel off....unsteady. Sounds like you are having a time with the anxiety too. Mine seems to strike at night only and only rarely through the day. It's a nightmare isn't it? Would love for these feelings to just take a hike once and for all....it's almost 11 months now. Maybe you should try another med if the Paxil isn't doing you any good - I've been on Celexa (Cipramil) which has been very good at keeping me in one piece.

Ashlea - no it's not serious just unbelievably uncomfortable and problematic when trying to get on with daily life. The symptoms are *really* annoying and persistent but do go away eventually. Just how long is totally individual. It sounds like you may have labyrinthitis which isn't uncommon. Here's my advice:

1) get checked out by either a great ENT or better, a neuro-otologist.
2) don't frett about the feelings you're getting....it won't harm you. It's the fretting that does the damage mentally - ie, anxiety and possible depression. Maybe you could take up some meditation daily or some sort of relaxation exerecise (Tai Chi) while this thing runs its course.
3) I used valium *occasionally* when the symptoms were really driving me nuts or I couldn't sleep. The anti-vertigo drugs did nothing for me except make me feel worse.

Let us know how you go....you might want to post something on this at the "inner ear" board. Lots of people there have been down this track.

Cheers....Scott

Old 09-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #10

savedlori HB User

I am having the same symptoms. Did you ever get a diagnosis? Were you coming off of an antdepressant? I am about to go crazy!!

Closed Thread