It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 06:10 AM   #1

pingpong HB User
Does acupuncture help anyone ?

Had my very 1st acupuncture session yesterday, it was slightly scary but ok I did have the urge half way through to rip those needles out & run like the wind but managed to resist thankfully. I was asked sooo many questions & found myself talking about all sorts of things to a total stranger & somehow I started telling her of a very destructive relationship I had in my late teens (I am 36 now) I suppose unconciously it still bothers me - I think I still blame myself for not knowing what kind of man he was & not being able to get rid of him (he stalked me for quite some time) & although this is unreasonable I can't get past it. Anyway the therapist (a very nice chinese lady) said that my body probably went into shock & has never really recovered...

She says that the AP should sort that out (how easy ?) by releasing the tension & letting the negativity go, that basically my body has been holding on to this tension & unable to release it ever since. When I look back at my ailments over those years, you could say that they were tension related. My knees for instance have given me terrible pain off & on for several years now & the docs seem unable to do much about it. Well this is also unreleased tension in the tendons apparantly ? not sure about that one but I'll give it a go for a while. Anything is worth a try. She also says this is why I am so very tired & lethargic - being that tense all day can really take it out of you.

I would be interrested to hear how anyone else has got on with AP.

One last thing - does anyone sweat a lot (being a lady, I only perspire :-)) in stressy times, I mean I can be talking to someone & suddenly realise that my back is dripping wet with sweat & my face etc. My god it's embarrasing, when you want to be in control so much & think you are doing so well but find yourself wiping your top lip every few seconds hoping no-one has noticed, which of course they have. Does anyone else suffer with this one ??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread