It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #1
(male)

Soodle HB User
Really tough time

Moving abroad in the next couple of days. My symptoms are really red lining now - you know when you think you just can't go on cos you feel so ill. don't want to think about travelling when I don't feel well enough to get out of bed.

Man I feel so out of breath and my chest gets soooo tight. Hopefully a change of scenery will help me get over this?

I guess if I get through this it will make me a better person, although you could say the same thing about being tortured (like there's a difference).

All the best - hope you're making some sort of progress.

Last edited by Soodle; 07-21-2004 at 11:37 PM.

Old 07-22-2004, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Re: Really tough time

Hi Soodle,
I hope everything goes well with your move. I do think the change of scenery will do you good. Try to stay optimistic and keep telling yourself that your symptoms are going to get better with your move.

I know what you mean about always feeling out of breath. Is the humidity high where you're currently living? I think the high humidity here makes this symptom 10 times worse for me during the summer. My husband and I took my daughter to an amusement park yesterday and I could barely stand it. I was soooo miserable. The entire time...my heart was racing, I had severe chest pressure, and could barely breath.

Best of luck to you! I really hope this move helps you recover from all of this. Let us know how everything goes!
Hilery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 08:44 AM   #3

pingpong HB User
Re: Really tough time

Hilery you're right about the weather, I was recently on a holiday in Spain having had a dreadful plane journey/taxi ride etc finally calming down a little but whilst lying on the beach thinking ahhh bliss at last, I'm going to be fine, to suddenly sitting bolt upright gulping for air feeling shakey & terrified (the air just seems thicker when humid/hot) & then of course it's - where do I go, how fast can I make back to the apartment. Living in the UK I'm not used to consistent warm weather !

Closed Thread