It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 01:26 PM   #1

ASHEA HB User
Exclamation Please.im Really Scared??

Someone please help me.i havent had my period for 2 months and im really scared i have something drastic.i dont want to go to the doctors...can stress stop them as i have been under a lot of it.i also have severe depression and anxiety,how do i start it,please someone reassure me.......

Old 07-22-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Please.im Really Scared??

I can't tell you how to start it, but I know from experiance that stress can stop it.
My Mother-In-Law was very ill a few years back and we were running back and forth to the hospital everyday and then when she got well she came and lived with us for a few months.
I didn't have my period for four months during that time.
They just started back up on there own.
Now after I said that, if you're really concerned it's always best to talk to your Doctor about it.
Plus it's always possible...if you're of a certain age... that you could be starting into menopause.
I know there's someone on this board or the panic disorders board that's in perimenopause...perhaps if you're in the right age group and she sees this post she'll be of more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 03:24 PM   #3

ASHEA HB User

But im only 22??

Old 07-22-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

I did say that it could be menopause if you were at that age, but 22 isn't that age that's for sure.
Like I said I know for a fact that when I was stressed mine stopped and then did start on it's own.
The best advice I can give you is if you don't get it next month then you may want to talk to your Doctor about it.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:47 AM   #5
(female)

mayansun HB User

I had this happen back in April. I missed a period due to stress and a recent change in diet and patterns of exercise which through my body out of wack. It will return. At the time I was on BCP. I stopped them in June and haven't gone back because I just had surgery, which resulted in an immediate start to my period at the hospital.

Your body and hormones are very sensitive to stress, diet and other factors. If you are really concerned you should visit your doctor (they do have pills I believe that can start your period but I'm not certain so check with a professional). If' you've taken a pregancy test and its negative (which I did three times) you are likely ok in that area.

My default is always to check with a doctor.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:41 PM   #6
Veteran

abbygirl2 HB User

Ashea, you are so young to be having such worries. There are so many reasons for your period to stop, its not always something horrible. Stress can certainly cause your periods to stop temporarily. If your thyroid is out of whack, you periods can stop, also, PCOS(Polycysctic ovarian syndrome), medications, change in weight, exercise, illness, among many others. Could you be pregnant?
Please don't worry yourself sick.
It certainly wouldn't hurt to see a Dr or you could wait another month or so to see if all returns to normal. It is advised that women do not go more than 4-5 months without a period,(time frame depending on what Dr you see).

Take care
Abby

Old 07-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #7
(female)

dlamb7877 HB User

Could you possibly be pregnant? If so, try an over the counter test. If not, see a physician. At aged 22, you should have a doctor that you trust and have regular annual exams, pap smears, etc. If there is a problem, isn't it best to know early so that the problem can be treated? Too often, we women ignore our symptoms until they demand to be noticed. You need to be smarter and more mature about taking care of yourself than this.

Closed Thread