It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #1

commited HB User
Making things bigger than they are...

Whenever I feel sick I always make it into something way bigger than what it really is and then that makes anxiety even worse.If I have a stomache ache,I will automatically assume I have food poisoning or that I have a rare disease and that theres no point going to the hospital because this disease is so incredibly rare that no one even knows about it or has ever seen it and the doctors cannot help me.The other night,for example,I had a stomache ache at my boyfriends place and I wanted him to take me home (I always want to go home when Im feelin sick even thought Im just as well off at his house)But he calmed me down and eventually I just fell asleep.I went from panicking about dying because I had a stomache ache to sleeping soundly.And then the other day at work I was panicky about getting heat stroke (were having crazy heat waves in BC) not because I cant handle the heat but because I had heat stroke before at work so I assume I will get it every day,actually,Im not even sure if I had it maybe it was just anxiety.Its almost like I cant tell if Im not sick or if Iam anymore becaue Im so used to making myself think that Iam so that if I actually am then I wont even know.....does that make sense? Its almost like my mind has cried wolf to my body too many times so now its not sure what to believe.

Anyone else feel like this?

Old 07-25-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
(male)

balsaaq HB User
Re: Making things bigger than they are...

Oh yea, sounds just like me........be careful some times psychomatic symptoms can lead to agorophobia, case in point your urning to return home. The fact that you relize you may be exaberating the symptoms is great, half the battle has been won. I suggest that you study, anxiety and also hypochondriasis, there are several good books pertaining to these coinditions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Making things bigger than they are...

to committed

your problem is generally called hypochondria, info on the net, some docs are good at helping and reassuring people like you

Closed Thread